Anime Challenges

Options
Yakisoba
Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
I've been browsing some of the groups I'm in and noticing that all the fitness ones have weekly challenges.

Well, anime can have challenges, too! :/ Who's in? Can I throw out the first weekly challenge?

Week Nov. 19 - 25: Watch the first episode of an anime you would NEVER consider watching. Ever. Never ever. Then come back and give a review on the episode.

I know that only one episode won't do a whole series justice, but I feel like I am limiting myself when I decide which anime to watch (despite my list being so huge). Even if they do suck, all anime are beautiful. ;-; They all need a chance.

This week... I'll watch the first episode of Bleach. -_- I know it's a long series, but I have to.

If anyone else feel like shooting a challenge, go ahead. =D

UPDATE

Um.. I kind of what to do this again, but I dunno what to do.

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Never consider watching? I think I'll go with Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka.
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    ^ That one sounds interesting.. I think I'll give it a watch. =D
  • ReclusivePariah
    ReclusivePariah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't usually have an issue watching anything I haven't or would not see because I am pretty open to the genres; one being fruits basket and I loved it. Let's try Bartender (TV)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    *Gulps* I shall accept your challenge and try an episode of KissxSis...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't usually have an issue watching anything I haven't or would not see because I am pretty open to the genres; one being fruits basket and I loved it. Let's try Bartender (TV)

I guess I have no choice in this...
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    HMMM I'm not even sure which one to for, but I'll find one and do it!! ^^
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    1 episode everyday or every week? I don't think I can do it everyday. :laugh:
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    Only one for this week. =D If you want to keep it going every week, that's up to you.
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i need to find one XD
  • capriciousmoon
    Options

I can handle this one easy~ I watched Kami no Shizuku! This can't be any worse than that... I'll probably try watching the drama too.
  • smiletty
    smiletty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will give it a try, Fooley Cooley will finally get its chance
  • capriciousmoon
    Options

Yay! :D

I really liked it (love Mamimi!) and the music is great.
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    I think we still have some time, but I still can't get my head around the fact that I might be watching Bleach soon. ._. Oh boy.

FLCL is sooooo good. ;-;
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've been browsing some of the groups I'm in and noticing that all the fitness ones have weekly challenges.

Well, anime can have challenges, too! :/ Who's in? Can I throw out the first weekly challenge?

Week Nov. 19 - 25: Watch the first episode of an anime you would NEVER consider watching. Ever. Never ever. Then come back and give a review on the episode.

I know that only one episode won't do a whole series justice, but I feel like I am limiting myself when I decide which anime to watch (despite my list being so huge). Even if they do suck, all anime are beautiful. ;-; They all need a chance.

This week... I'll watch the first episode of Bleach. -_- I know it's a long series, but I have to.

If anyone else feel like shooting a challenge, go ahead. =D

Wow, you've never watched bleach?! Its one if thee best ones! I like this challenge, but since this is a fitness site, I think you should throe in some exercise or.something
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    -thinks about it... shakes head- Well, maybe, but I like to watch my anime while... watching my anime. Maybe someone can tweak the challenge? o.o Like if you see a character doing something you can.. >_> That is totally for another challenge.

If anyone else wants to exercise they can, but I'll most likely be watching Bleach by itself. ._. I have this thing about watch anime that never end: I don't do it. Argh.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't mean exercise.at the same time...just add something, but that's alright.
    Ahh okay, so I'm guessing you don't watch naruto?
  • ReclusivePariah
    Options
    I would recommend reading the manga of Bleach first because it cuts out all of the filler crap that we avid watches dread yet still find a way to stomach. By the way, I love Bleach and Naruto but can't stand One Piece. Naruto does get better further into it so be weary when the fillers glomp you.
  • ReclusivePariah
    Options
    Also, try the series known as Monster; you won't regret it >:) 70 episodes but so worth it and no fillers.........
  • ReclusivePariah
    Options

Totally The Pillows all the way for the music...also try their songs Hybrid Rainbow and Last Dinosaur...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0
  • capriciousmoon
    Options

Totally The Pillows all the way for the music...also try their songs Hybrid Rainbow and Last Dinosaur...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0

My favorites are Bran-new Lovesong and Beautiful Morning With You. I bought one of the FLCL osts and a completely unrelated cd of The Pillows. :)

Edit for typo so I'll add a video too~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGi3C0539VI