Shows

Sp1nGoddess
Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,134 Member
edited October 5 in Social Groups
Are you guys doing any Christmas Shows this season? The adults at my rink are doing the Grinch. I get to be a Whoville resident (Whovian?) Luckily we have a gentleman who is playing the Grinch... I got talked into being the Tin-Man in our summer show...the makeup was not fun! I'm getting a tiny taste of synchro as we are skating as a group.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    There is one. All the little ice darlings have been practicing. I'm already sick of Christmas music, just listening to their program music over and over.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    I'm doing some! Have to agree with Q that the xmas music gets old FAST at the rink. Especially because there aren't that many songs to choose from.
  • skinnyminniexx
    skinnyminniexx Posts: 67 Member
    ^^ agreed!! luckily i skate mostly mornings so all the little kids aren't there. but i still get a taste of that holiday music. i myself am not doing any shows because i don't do freestyle anymore. tear tear. the shows at my rink are usually for the younger kids anyways.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Precisely. The morning sessions are more empty and also without a lot of show music. It's the afternoon sessions that get you. To be honest, some of the music is VERY pretty. It's just too early to be listening to all the Christmas music, for me.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,134 Member
    At my rink they have set times for show practice. I was shopping today and they already had Christmas music playing..i wanted to puke... (having spent a few years working holiday retail...gag....)

But you can only listen to Santa-Baby so many times.

Our 6AM and 7Am sessions are nice and empty...
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Our rink/club doesn't do a show every year so I think this is an "off" year... next year I'm sure there'll be some big extravaganza production!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    We have a similar set up to Ice's rink. Our club's ice show was last year so we are due for another one next year, Too bad because we have some pretty fabulous skaters training at the club right now.

I am participating in 2 synchro "showcases" this year though. These are always before Christmas but are just to show off new programs because the competition season is just starting for synchro.
This discussion has been closed.