OD'd on CARBS!!!!!!!!

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
Step away from the beer bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been doing the HCG diet, LOVE IT, I am in the Maint last phase and getting ready to start a new round and carbs have grabbed hold of me. I am eating TONS TONS TONS of rolls and bread...all home made types. I have gained 3 lbs.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Just venting...no bread tomorrow.....Steak and Cheese Day tomorrow!

Replies

• pork_belly
    Options
    Hope you've returned from your little CARB expedition!!!! Its okay to stray off the path once in awhile. It helps keep the journey in perspective.
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I couldn't say no to the fry bread or mini cupcakes....that just started the ball rolling. I did notice that I felt tired and lethargic after the carb overload though. I'm back to my regular low carb eating as of yesterday, until Thanksgiving. Yikes!
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hope you've returned from your little CARB expedition!!!! Its okay to stray off the path once in awhile. It helps keep the journey in perspective.
    LOL, I do this too from time to time... my digestive system reminds me very strongly that I shouldn't be eating flour & sugar. :laugh:

And I am on vacation for 11 days in the frozen tundra w/ my bf (visiting his family)... there is nothing to do but eat (& eating Midwest fare is mostly carbs)
  • pork_belly
    Options

Hmmm...speaking of CARB expeditions...I'm on one myself since turkey day and extending it to Black Friday. Going to do a nice long walk today (sun is out) to help mitigate the impact. LOL.....
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I did the same....had a carb-ful Thanksgiving, then got a stomach virus, and ended up eating carbage the rest of the weekend. I felt bloated and tired and yucky! Ugh! Carb loading is not for me! I couldn't wait to get back on my low-carb lifestyle!