4th Week's Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello All MFP friends :smile:

This is the post for week 4's mini challenge.

I am going to get a little philosophical this week and want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit
Cardio-Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 125 crucnches (3 different kinds)

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength-Do 10 sets of 10 bicep curls

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 125 squats.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio/Strength - Do 30-45 minutes of circuit training. 2 minutes cardio, 10 crunches, 2 minutes cardio, 10 push-ups, 2 minutes cardio, 10 lunges. repeat 3 x)

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30-45 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - If you worked really hard yesterday. Take a break today.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,
Donna

Replies

• wowsuzie
    Options
    These are great Donna - it will be a busy Thanksgiving week here so we all need to remember to eat small portions, and after our first small meal, if we are still hungry, then go for smaller second helpings! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great week and sgay strong!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna, particularly looking forward to Saturday - hair-do and a manicure, both nice manly pursuits ;-)

Craig.
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna, particularly looking forward to Saturday - hair-do and a manicure, both nice manly pursuits ;-)

Craig.
    HAHAHA! (or is it LOL). You can put the MAN back in manicure!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Craig.

it is wonderful to see that Craig is willing to go the whole way with us.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Craig.

it is wonderful to see that Craig is willing to go the whole way with us.

LOL! Awesome!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    sounds like great challenges this week. This week is going to be hard with family coming for several days and thanksgiving
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Did 40 minutes of intervals while watching Cashmere Mafia on Netflix (I get bored otherwise! lol) and did my bicep curls as well. :) Man, my arms are feeling it. 50 pushups daily for over a week now plus the bicep curls today. :)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in!

I have been getting my cardio in, but not doing so well on the strength exercises!

Hoping to finish the week off strong - I need to drink LOTS of water to help work off yesterday's yummy yummy eating!!

Take care!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about yesterday's challenge...I was at my BF's dad's house going through his mom's things and ended up staying for supper and visited afterwards so I didn't get home until after 10pm.

SO today I'm going to try to do today's and yesterday's cardio/strength challenges. :)

ETA: Done Friday's...did 50 minutes or random jogging, jump rope, etc.

And now done Thursday's circuit stuff. :)