Week1 STAY FOCUSED

Options
Goodmorning Team,
I decided not to go too hard on yall for week one due to its being Thanksgiving and I know most of us going to be with our family so with that being said I just want us to STAY FOCUSED!! Dont let the holidays be the reason why you cant reach your goal for New Years. Dont over do your eating Thursday REMEMBER you are on a MISSION. Drink your water, Get your normal workouts in if possilbe and just stay on top of the game.

TIPS*
*YOu know how ppl cook soooooooooo much food and try to get you to take a plate home (DONT TAKE IT) LOL Thats a set up
*If you want sweets pick ONE and eat HALF the size you would normally eat.
*Eat mostly green veggies
*Get your workout in the AM on Thursday.

Any other TIPS are welcomed here.
Be prepared for week 2 though cause we gonna BURN that turkey, dressing, ham, peach cobbler etc off :happy:

Replies

• Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Good Morning! I plan to workout Thanksgiving morning and drink plenty water;)
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team

I plan on working out on Thanksgiving as well, I am looking forward to this challenge. I have to lose my last 5 pounds by the New Year, I just have too!!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My plan of attack for Thursday is to continue to do Intermittent Fasting. Normally I do Lean Gains but I'm going to do Eat Stop Eat and will come off of a 24 hour fast around the time Thanksgiving Dinner is served. My saving grace this year will be that I won't be able to eat most of the food because it'll be cooked with pork! That means I have to stay away from the mac and cheese and the sweets! I do plan to make my own mini thanksgiving meal but it'll be very healthy. I'm definitely going to burn at least 1000 calories exercising the morning of Thanksgiving. I'm ready! Gotta have a plan!!!
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My workout plan this week is to get a workout in each day this week. I have 3 family get togethers on 3 different days this week for Thanksgiving so I am going to need to burn those calories! I will defnitely be drinking my water and will fill up on the veggies. Already decided that I will only have 1 sweet each day of the get togethers, and since I like variety, I will cut each different sweet into small pieces so I can enjoy a variety. Make it a great week everyone!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm not eating any leftovers this year last year the whole week starting thanksgiving day I was ten pounds over my normal weight for a week!
  • DedicationPays
    DedicationPays Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone has a game plan!!! I started Insanity last week so I will be doing Wk 2 ALL of this week. I decided I will not let one day get me in a slump and the chance of missing my goal so I will have my water ready, eat more veggies and a little dressing. If I eat a dessert I'll get a small thing of banana pudding but I do plan to snack on fruit or snack in between meals like I do now instead of gettin a plate everytime I think Im hungry like last yr. WE GOT THIS!!!!!! Word of encouragement, as my friend always say: NOTHING TASTE BETTER THAN HOW CONFIDENCE FEELS!!!!!!!
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    :-) I'm trying to head in strong. Working out hard until then. Eating well/lean until then. I'm even skipping the "thanksgiving meal" at work today. Budgeting my calories for Thursday when I will enjoy what I have more. I am thinking of calories like money. If I am going to spend lavishly, it better be worth it. I also, plan to go out dancing the night before. Some fun and exercise combined.

There is a chance my plans might change and I head out of town (4 days). If that's the case only thing that changes is I bring my 30 DS with me, won't go out Wednesday night, but will, maybe twice while I am there. And I am sure I will be ealking around sightseeing.

So that is my plan.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Great ideas ladies!! I see yall are on it and already have a masterplan for this week AWESOME!!!! LOVE IT!!!
    Well for me I am doing 6wk/6pk JM DVD and I am on week 3. I am cooking chicken and dressing for Thanksgiving but and everyone is bringing a dish to my house. I already told my mom anything left TAKE IT because I dont want any.

SO before I cook Thurs morn I am going to get my JM workout on!!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I want be able to do my in house work out because of so many guest..BUT I will get my 4 miles in at the the walking track on Thanksgiving. Great idea about the sweets...I was planning on getting a tablespoon of each. But Picking one of my Favorites is a better plan. Thanks!! You guys Rock
  • charnell87
    Options
    Everyone has some AWESOME plans.... not sure what i plan to do but u guys have giving me some great tips that i might have to steal.....lol.... Hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving and burn those calories for the New Year........ Whooo HOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!
    Here is my stay on track plans for Thanksgiving:

My #1 plan for is portion control, portion control, portion control!!!! I’m NOT going to load my plate; I’m just getting small portions of what I really want.

Also I’m going to increase my water on Thursday… yep I’m going for the gallon.

Lastly a morning workout is a must; plus I’ll be burning tons of calories the next day because I’ll be out and about for Black Friday!! YAY!

Good luck everyone… We got this!
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This week I have been amping up my workouts... burning almost double what I normally do because I know on Thanksgiving and the days following it i won't be getting the intense workout I am used to getting (I am going camping) so I wont have my elliptical. But I plan to eat smaller portions and limit my dessert intake haha
  • reginaj30
    reginaj30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You ladies have just motivated me not to skip my workout today, so thank you. Plan of attack is working out every day and a double workout on Thursday because i know me and passing up the chicken and dumplings won't happen, lol. For thanksgiving I plan on getting half of what I normally do on my plate between that and the double workout hopefully I will be in good shape.

the water is an excellent tip that I totally forgot about!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I WILL be working out on Thursday AM before I head over to the in-laws. My husband and I were also invited to go over for breakfast too but I asked him if we could please skip the breakfast (which would certainly not be anything healthy) and he said OK :smile: My in-laws always eat their Thanksgiving meal for lunch then pull the left overs out for dinner, so I really need to watch it!
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey yall, everyone have wonderful plans. I just plan to workout everyday and try my hardest to workout double on Thursday as well as take in as much water as I can along the way; b/c I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving for months and plan to enjoy but not over indulge (praying)...lol. I know we are all going to rock this challenge (even though we can't weigh ourselves...ugghh-still dealing with that..lol). Lets do this Goooo Teeaammm!!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hey group. Thanksgiving should go well this year. I'm cooking all the food. Everything will be made light/ reduced. Using egg whites, turkey, olive oil, etc. The only thing that 's a little iffy is i'm making 2 rum cakes. Bacardi doesn't make a light cal rum.

I'm trying to eat very healthy everyday prior til the big day. It will also be my birthday so i plan to not treat my self with food but with shopping. I wanna shop from 9pm Thursday night til the early hours Friday morning.

I'm wishing you all the best.

Any one here in the Montgomery Co MD area???
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Awesome plans for this week and very inspiring.

My plan for the week is:
    Lots and lots of water
    Get in at least 4 days of cardio (which is way more than I've been doing)
    Watch my portions, but still have some of my favs (I tend to binge when I feel deprived)
    and Black Friday shopping,of course :happy:
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I plan to enjoy my holiday. I am going to eat til Im satisfied and enjoy my family. I am not logging nor will I stress about it. It's one day. I have a half marathon scheduled for Saturday so I will only workout 2-3 times this week before Saturday.
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Way to know ourselves, what we need and don't need. That is great!
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I plan to enjoy my holiday. I am going to eat til Im satisfied and enjoy my family. I am not logging nor will I stress about it. It's one day. I have a half marathon scheduled for Saturday so I will only workout 2-3 times this week before Saturday.

half marathon, that's awesome!