Friendly Challengers! Post your best Distance/Time/Speed!

Options
cjpg
cjpg Posts: 433 Member
Hi guys!

I love the idea of this group! My main cardio activity is running so this will help motivate me to achieve faster, better results!

Not sure how this works, but I'll just post my best time here:

Distance: 5km
Time: 29:35
Speed: 10km/h

This topic is all about making a log of your current achievements and down the track (pun intended, :P) we can look back and see the difference!

:D

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    December 2010 my best race was:
    Distance: 10 miles
    Time: 1 hour 20 Minutes
    Pace: Around 9:20

I have slacked off a bit on my training so my past two races (I intend to improve on so this post/topic is great for me to gage on):
    September 2011
    Distance: Half Marathon
    time: 2 hours and 42 minutes
    Pace: Have to grab the calculator but I believe it was around 13 minutes or worse per mile - Goal to get back to between single digits and 10 minutes for the next half in September 2012

November 2011
    Distance: Marathon
    time: 6 hours and 32 minutes
    Pace: Started out fine but hit the wall in the hills at 10 miles - final pace was around 15:40 per mile - Goal in March 2012 for my next marathon is to draw between 11:00 and 12:00 minutes per mile
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Best time so far:

Half Marathon on 10/29 ~~~ 1:42:43

want to get as close to 1:30 as possible.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Best time so far:

Half Marathon on 10/29 ~~~ 1:42:43

want to get as close to 1:30 as possible.
    Wow Stacey! That is an awesome time! Wow again. Great job and did you get a medal. Would seem if you did not you at least finished in the top 10 with a time like that. Awesome indeed.

That is quite motivating to see you lose over 40 lbs and run such a splendid time.
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    5k: 24:05 (this wasn't a race just self timed. I've never raced a 5 but planning to in January and hoping for 22mins or better)

10k: 48:05 (again not a race, this was during my first half marathon training)

half marathon: 1:49:.... something I can't remember exactly. My knee went out in the last 3k of this race. I had been on pace to do it in 1:45 which was my goal.

marathon: 4:16:.... and again can't remember the seconds. I was soooo happy with this! After my knee went out I took a month off during which I read "born to run" and then switched to barefoot shoes. I had only 1 1/2 months left to train for my first marathon and my pace had gone from 5min/k to 8min/k in the barefoot shoes!! I was expecting over 5hrs and to feel like I had stress fractures in my feet, but it went so unbelievably well and my pace ended up being around 6min/k. Now that I have more time to get used to the shoes I hope to run the same marathon next year in 3:40 to qualify for the boston marathon.
  • cjpg
    Options
    OK! So I beat my time from last week, not by much but hey, progress!

Distance: 5km
    Time: 28:51
    Speed: 10.4 km/h

I actually pulled this run up to 5.2 as when I hit 5km I wanted to run until the full 30 mins. Now, I may never walk again.

Pfft, joking. Going for 11km/h next week! :D
  • cjpg
    Options
    Been a while but an update!

I can now run:

Distance: 5.5km
    Time: 29:57
    Speed: 11km/h

On a side note I tested my endurance running two days ago and this is the longest I can go:

Distance: 8km
    Time: 1:00:02
    Speed: 8km/h

Wait. Wait. Wait Out.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Nice thread!

I did my first 5K in October in 30:08. Latest timed 5K is 27:48.
    I ran my first timed 10K last weekend in 1:04 (it's a run-the-route event for a race at the end of Feb and there were a few stops to point out hazards). I'll let you know how race day goes!
    Longest run to date: 8 miles in 77 minutes.
  • cjpg
    Options
    Another update for my lovely running friends :)

Speed Training Distance:

Distance: 6km
    Time: 30:03
    Speed: 12km/h

Endurance training distance:

Distance: 8.6km
    Time: 55:01
    Speed: 9km/h
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how, but today - 5K: 26:11!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Its been awhile- I had ankle surgery in Dec. (2 screws put in after breaking it running).
    After 14 weeks of restricted movement I started running again March 1st. I completed my first 5K race April 28th time 26:30, completed my 2nd 5K race this weekend (5/13) in 26:27
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    June 2012
    Marathon 26.2 miles
    5 hours
    Not great , but I finished

August 2012
    1/2 marathon- 13.1 miles
    2:10:43