Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

anyone finding side effects to their weight loss

Libby81
Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
HIya all just a quickie

Thought I'd run this by you see if anyone else was finding other things happening to them on their weightloss journey. For instance, I can no longer hold my drink anywhere near the level I used to and I am way more emotional than I have ever been.

Anyone else having any odd side effects lol

Replies

• LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    I think the alcohol thing is quite a common one! Although for me, I think it is more to do with how often I drink. Sometimes when I am trying to lose weight I hardly drink at all but then when I am maintaining, after a while my tolerance picks up again haha. I quite like being a cheap drunk though! (Well, I did when I enjoyed being drunk haha).

The other thing I usually find the most is that I get really cold!

I also tend to get sick more often but I think this is because of the gym - ie go into the gym in a coat, get all hot and sweaty, come out and walk part of the way home in the cold before I feel cool enough to put my coat back on! Also, I have heard that your immunity is particularly weak just after a workout but not sure how much truth there is in that!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    This is just anecdotal, but women are more hormonal during periods of weightloss (and weight-gain) so it doesn't surprise you that you're more emotional.

Have also heard that low-carb diets that induce ketosis also cause mood swings.. again, I've no science to back that up, but that was supposedly one of the side-effects on Atkins (which I did, but doubt I truly ever reached ketosis as I never had smelly breath/pee).

The only side-effect I've found is having more energy and feeling more sparky and less tired than usual. In fact, this week when I didn't get to do any exercise for three days in a row, I was crashing at 2pm like I used to and I haven't felt like that in a good long while.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    No tummy trouble at all for me now I've lost weight and changed my diet. I'm aslo finding that once a month I really need about 100 cals a day more for about three days, so allowing myself that, other than that no not really :-)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Glad I'm not alone on the extras. I get cold a lot to and its always after an extra push in the gym.

Haha I think my drinking levels are due to lack of practice as well. I've tried not to drink too much while I've been losing, think I need to slowly reintroduce alcohol to up my tolerance levels again

That's really interesting about the hormonal thing, Im doing high protein which the agains is so maybe that's affecting me too. Thanks loads I'll have a bigger look in to that

cheers guys :heart:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    I can not drink half as much alcohol as I used to. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I just end up really tired and want to go home sooner.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Sitting on a floor hurts my *kitten* now! :( No more padding!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 228 Member
    Lol have to agree re the padding - I'm much colder than I used to be - missing the layer of blubber to keep me warm !!! Also have very little clothes that fit now :(
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    i don't get heatburn any more!! i didn;t notice it had gone until i put a few lbs back on and it came back. EEEUUGH! it's sooo horrid. Was a definate motivator to get the weight back off!
  • As of yet I've not noticed anything negative, such as more colds, etc just all positive things, which I think stems from the fact I'm starting to feel a lot happier about myself. I'm sure I'll start to notice things, as I'm only a short distance in to this long journey.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    :bigsmile: LOL :laugh: Have to agree with @imustbegood and @HMonsterX my *kitten* is a lot less padded these days so sitting on the floor isn't all that comfy.

Drinkswise...I cut back on drinking in my early 30's, up until then, I used to be the one holding the bar up :drinker: LOL

Overall tho, the side effects of weight loss are very positive! :bigsmile:
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Oh dear :wink:
    Side effects, well I feel a little light headed and I can fit through the door again :laugh:
    My wardrobe doesn't like me any more, because all my clothes are now way too big..:sad:

Matalan and Asda like my wallet due to me spending all that money on healthy stuff that is way too expensive than what it should be...
    The only clothes I have at the mo that fit are tracker bottoms and baggy Tshirts... :sad:
    Can't wait for xmass so I can go try my new clothes on :blushing: