Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

VSG anyone?

Hi all, I had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery on August 29th of this year. I lost 45 lbs pre op and 28 lbs post op. I haven't seen any other sleevers in this group so I thought I would introduce myself. I am so glad MFP finally has a place where we can get together and support each other.

Hugs to all,
Shell

Replies

• Hi Shell, welcome. I had gastric bypass but i know one girl here who did have gastric sleeve done. She moved recently and will have internet 11/14. Her sleeve was very recent also. I'm sure she will join when she can. Keep up the great work. Oh yes, I forgot to mention. I had gastric bypass 10/17/2011. It's been interesting and sometimes rough, but I don't regret it. I started at 322 in april 2011. surgery date weight was 260. Yesterday weight was 234. I'm down 4 sizes. I feel great except the low energy level but that comes back in time. Good night, joanna
  • Wow, you are doing great! Keep it up and don't worry your energy will pick back up soon. This will be a great place for all to share victories and frustrations. We all need this support on a daily basis!

Hugs to all!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    I had the Duodenal Switch, which incorporates the VSG along with restructuring of the intestines for malabsorption. So I started off being able to eat about the same as you, but because of the malabsorption, I don't absorb most of the fat I eat so our diets will be different because of that.

Now, my sleeve has stretched to its 'mature' state which is about the size of a coke can. (I'm six years post-op).
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    I'm a "sleever"--almost 2 years out. There are actually a bunch of us here. Good luck with your new journey!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I have a sleeve too. I'm 3+ years out.
  • I had VSG on 9/14/11.....glad to meet others!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Folks, here is a good reason why posting about WLS in the general forums is such a bad idea. The absolute wealth of bad information and judgemental comments is really something to behold...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/408814-weight-loss-surgery-i-cannot-believe-i-am-posting-this