Welcome!

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
I sure do hope that with all of us working together, we can help each other overcome our binges! :)

Replies

• skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Hush! I hope for the same :)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making this group! I can't wait to see some of the information you have found on the topic, so we can hopefully overcome this!
  • becknorton68
    Options
    I look forward to being involved in this group. My problem with bingeing (spelling??) creeps up on me at night because that is when I am most productive at studying. Don't ask me why...lol.
    I am working on making a plan for my calories so that I can space them out over the day and evening, which would allow me to save a few calories for something in the evening and then I have to STOP after that. Still a work in progress, but I LOVE this MFP page. I really do think it is changing my way of thinking about choices we make in general.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hello. Glad to see this group. I was diagnosed a little over 10 years ago but have had it under control for about 5 or 6 years. Until June, I couldn't even remember the last binge... now it has come back hardcore. Stress/anxeity/depression related, I'm sure, unfortunatly I have no money or insurance to seek additional help. Maybe online suport can help?
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I think the biggest issue that I face here is taking responsibility for my binges. I started at the same time I started Intermittent Fasting, because I had this feeling that it was okay to overeat and gain weight, because I could just fast it all off the next day. Well, it doesn't exactly work that way.

I tend to avoid recording/admitting to my binges. If anyone else does, do we think it would be a good idea to have to post what/how much we binged on? Maybe knowing that someone else WILL see it will help us think twice about what we eat.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used to post my binges, but it got very time consuming... several thousand can be a lot of entries, lol! I found it didn't help at all, just made me feel even worse when I looked at it, which led to eating even more. It can't hurt to try, though!

It is good to that you are able to pinpoint a time when it started. Are you still doing fasting even though you saw it caused binges?
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I'd like to restart my fasting, but I'm not going to try until I get my binges under control. I'd rather it not lead to a bigger issue than it already is.
  • Romy251
    Options
    Hi everyone, i've had a binge eating problem for a while now- it's such a difficult thing to deal with- just when you think you've got it under control it comes back with a vengeance and back comes that horrible cycle of bingeing uncontrollably-feeling guilty and disgusted with oneself, trying to make up for it thenext few daysby dieting...but I think ultimately making it worse-because it ussually just ends in another binge!! I'm over it!! Thanks to whoever made this group- I'm hoping with keeping track of calories and talking to others about bingeing will help. I liked the idea suggested about writing down binges- I made myself sick tonight by eating an jcecream, 5 choc bars, 5 Tbspns peanut-butter, and a peanut butter sandwich... All after having a normal dinner :/. Its amazing what can fit in one stomach!!! I am not overweight, but know that if I dont get my binge eating under control I will be....:/!
  • Marisa1184
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm very glad I found this group because I have been suffering with binge eating issues for a while now, and it has really gone out of control. Today is my third day completely binge free but I'm terrified that I'll start again. It has been a habit to binge all through the weekend, always beginning with friday, and making me feel hopeless by the time the week starts up again. I haven't gone a entire week without bingeing in a long long long time, so I really hope with some motivation and support I can get over this obstacle!

Marisa :)
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for this group. It is nice to chat with others who can relate...maybe we can find a solution together.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I have been there before with the all weekend bingeing. All week I would diet, restrict my calories.. get to the weekend and would just eat everything in sight. I'd always tell myself this weekend would be different, but I ended up giving in. My binges seem to be triggered by stress, anxiety and boredom. I have been getting betterbut last weekend was pretty horrendous.

My goal for this weekend is to not binge at all.

How I will go about achieving this:

I won't restrict myself to the point of starvation throughout the week, I will aim to achieve a daily net of 1200 (rather than 800 or 900)

I will find some things to keep me occupied over the weekend (activities, especially outdoors type ones)
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I have a major binge eating problem. Food makes me happy, well at thre moment I'm eating anyway :( If I mess up I always say I'll start over tomorrow but then the rest of that day turns into a binge fest. I feel like i need to get as much food in as possible like its the last day i'll ever get to eat. I need help with the all or nothing mentality. I hope this group helps me. I know I do the best with an awesome support system. I only get that from here so I'm really excited for this group :)
  • lemorncutt
    Options
    Omg I can totally relate to u ( karasene) if I start a binge it goes for the entire day and the next and the next ..... Till im sick of it. But this binging is like a vicious cycle that happens almost every week. I can't seem to stay on track. And having a bf that keeps encouraging me to eat unhealthy with him is soooo frustrating!!!! Add me if u like coz we can help each other out thru this battle of food :)
  • shannonsnail
    shannonsnail Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello. Glad to see this group. I was diagnosed a little over 10 years ago but have had it under control for about 5 or 6 years. Until June, I couldn't even remember the last binge... now it has come back hardcore. Stress/anxeity/depression related, I'm sure, unfortunatly I have no money or insurance to seek additional help. Maybe online suport can help?
    [/quote

Manda, I also have been diagnosed for the same length of time. I went through several years where it was totally non-existent but then it also came back hardcore. That was 4.5 yrs ago when I got married and things in my life were "out of control" again. In the past 4.5 yrs I've had highs and lows with it but it's never really gone away again like it did before. So sick of it!!
  • chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all. I'm Christina and I first realized that I'm a binger about 2 years ago. Thankfully it has been less frequent lately, but I did binge last night. That's what brought me searching specifically for a group like this one.

SOOO, how does it work? I add friends and record all my binges? I did not record last night's binge. Peanut butter - lots of peanut butter, with chocolate chips... then I baked off some refrigerated PB cookie dough and had a ginormous cookie too. ANd Lucky Charms cereal. bleh.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm so happy I just found this group! I have a problem with binge eating and have been kind of out of control for the last few weeks. Am I the only one struggling to get back on track after the holiday?

I hope this group is more active than it looks like, the OP is from November?
  • missceevee1972
    Options
    HI everyone, I am Christina- new to MFP and found this group and am glad I did. I was formally diagnosed with a BED about 4 yrs ago while in therapy. My story is typical to many in the way of I have always been overweight- I attribute it to both genetics and how I was brought up to have a relationship with food. (It was used to celebrate anything and everything, it was a comfort when life hit us hard and it was used as a bribe) I took those habits and grew with them and then as an adult my relationship with food became a dysfunctional situation. I've gone thru the gammit of emotions when thinking of my weight and eating habits- from defeat (I will never be able to loose weight so why bother?!) to acceptance ( I look good at this weight and I will flaunt myself and screw anyone who doesn't like it!) to truely trying to better myself (diets, gyms, support groups you name it). This rollercoaster is exhausting and it really does wear on my heart and soul because I just want to be healthy. I don't feel I have unrealistic goals. I always said I just want health vs. certain body type or to wear a bikini (something I have never done). I haven't had any sort of longevity in my past sucesses, and like so many, I have gained back the weight and then some. Binging has always been there in my life, and I have always done it in secret. Althought I am overweight, and that is obvious to others, no one knows of my secret affair with food. It goes beyond a general love for food. I don't have one particular trigger food. I can binge on junk food, but if that isn't available, I will binge on whatever is around. So if it's just bread inb the house, I will make 8 pieces of toast...then eat a couple bowls of cereal...you get the point. This secret behavior always turns to shame and guilt afterwards and because of that feeling, it sends me into a depression and what do I do? I eat my sorrows away. I say "screw it" and I eat whatever I want because after all, I messed up. So who cares? My binges get so bad I get physically sick to my stomach yet I will push myself to eat more even though I feel over full. This disorder is more than just that...it's a sickness. And the older we are, the harder it is to break the chains of this habit. I hope to be honest and I hope this is the place to do it.

Feel free to add me. Look forward to getting to know eachother.

Thanks for listening :)