Jumpstart

Options
:smile: Im ready to start a bit before Thanksgiving. My goals to live and have a healthier lifestyle. To turn boredom, sadness and frustration to working out instead of food.

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    absolutely! whatever works for you. i see you already posted some goals. feel free to add a new post if you have any additional ones! starting early is a good thing. i am waiting a couple of weeks but now is good too!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join too... I love the holidays and my goal is to make it through and into the new year doing great and sticking with MFP and a healthy lifestyle. Have a great week everyone!
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm starting today as well. I am having a hard time with wanting to have a little indulgence on the week so i hope these next two weeks i can find some balance
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am ready NOW...all the smells of food around the holidays are already starting to make me mad (because it makes me wanna eat!!...lol)

People in my family and even my friends don't understand...and they continually ask me if I want food, or cookies...or say silly things like a little bit wont kill you...well, maybe not but sometimes I feel like that little bit will lead me down a path that just might kill me...

I understand moderation....I am even pretty good at it (usually) but at the same time do we tell alcoholics that a little sip wont ruin their efforts, or do we tell smokers...just a few puffs wont make them crave cigarettes again?? NO...so why shove food in the face of someone that has struggled with weight forever??? I don't get it..

sorry to vent...but I feel much better now..lol