The Biggest Loser

Andylee63
Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
Who watches these shows?
My wifey and I love the Australian show, but it has now finished.
Well the 2009 catch up series has.. Bob was such a motivational character for me...

At the mo we are watching 2010 series on Tuesday night, but it is not as good as 2009 series for some reason..

We are also on catch up at the weekends with The Biggest Loser America series 7 I do believe, but that too is coming to an end, and we are unsure as to when the next series will start...

The English version is being filmed and will not be out until next year..
A new Aussie version is also being filmed, so more stuff to watch next year..

We find the shows an inspiration and an excellent motivator...
Just wondered if anyone else watched and what you thought about it?

Replies

• I love the biggest loser! I was hoping the next Australian series was going to follow on as they did show 2008 and 2009 back to back.
    Bob was amazing, but they all did really well in this season I thought.
    Can't waitbfor the uk series to start!
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    I don't think the U.K series is just as good. I don't think I like the trainers as much as say the American show. I have caught up with all the seasons of the U.S series but much give the Australian one a quick look.
  • My better half and myself love watching the Ozzie and US versions of the show; never got into the UK one for some reason!

Great source of motivation.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    i only have freeview so don't get to watch them apart from the uk series, but i have seen the the us series in past and i love it. i love all weight loss and fitness shows always have. roll on christmas when worlds strongest man comes back to channel 5 (whoooo hoooo!)
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    What channel are the US and Aussie shows on - is it ITV2 ? I'll have to keep an eye out for new series starting - I like to watch from the first show...I've only seen the last UK one to be honest and I did find it really motivating
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    i hope its not on itv2 that means i've been missing them damn it :-(
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    I love the Aussie ones! And got hubby into the 2009 one when he was here and I was in Australia (you used to be able to watch it on the channel 10 website but now they restricted access!). I agree, Bob was very inspirational. I loved Tiff too.

My fave part of the whole series was the day when Bob was talking about running a long distance for one of their challenges I think (memory is vague) and he said something along the lines of:

'I could see all of the young people around me running on and I was feeling very tired. All I could think was that this old man can not possibly keep up.' (I was nearly crying at this point) 'And that's when the new man kicked in and finished the race'. Such a fab guy!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    What channel are the US and Aussie shows on - is it ITV2 ? I'll have to keep an eye out for new series starting - I like to watch from the first show...I've only seen the last UK one to be honest and I did find it really motivating

the US one is on sky living on sat and sun morning but is due to finish...boohoo:sad:

I don't know about the aussie onesorry

martyx
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Angie Dowds from the UK Biggest Loser sadly died on Sunday - apparent suicide

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065042/Star-ITVs-Biggest-Loser-falls-death-jumping-Beachy-Head.html
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065042/Star-ITVs-Biggest-Loser-falls-death-jumping-Beachy-Head.html

Oh no - that's really sad :-( Is she the one who cheated last year?? What a shame
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member

I heard the news this morning too... very sad. Yes she was the one who cheated :(
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member

Very sad story :frown:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member

sky living saturday and sunday morning and tuesday night. Season 10 is supposed to start in the new year.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member

sky living saturday and sunday morning and tuesday night. Season 10 is supposed to start in the new year.
  • Watching season 12, up to episode 10, of the latest US Biggest Loser and it's a good one! The Ozzie TBL, season 7, is due to air early in 2012
  • Andylee63
    Watching season 12, up to episode 10, of the latest US Biggest Loser and it's a good one! The Ozzie TBL, season 7, is due to air early in 2012

What channel you on David?
    Who are the main players?

Wanna know coz we are confused as to what series we are on now...
  • I download most of the tv that I watch so I get to see shows the day after the air in the US and Oz. Here is a link to the latest US TBL 'The Battle of the Ages':

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Some times its easier to go by trainers the new series has Bob, Dolvett and Anna
  • Andylee63
    Thanx David

I think I will wait until they air on Sky living again..
    Don't want to find out who wins the seasons that I have missed...

The Tuesday night episodes of BL Aus showed a few sneak peeks as to who won 2009..
    While we were on catch up...
    Now we just got Tuesday night to look forward to.. :sad:

I must admit though, it's a great motivator..
  • We have been in our own house for around 18 months hence have control of the tv at last and I can watch shows like this. We watched the series with shay in and that her partner from a previous series came back to from about half way through. Straight after that they started the next series so we saw the one with the Turkish or something else guy can't remember his name. Had the white t.shirt on. Then they played the one we originally started watching again. Now it is no more. Anyone know when the new series starts? Don't like UK one the trainers are not motivating at all. Have seen bits of oz one but never watched it week after week as it is no early at the weekend. So not always home!