whats new?

Options
holly_v
holly_v Posts: 292 Member
No one has posted in a few days!!

whats new with me? i ordered one of those fat pinched things to body fat 5 because the site i was using changed and its not very good anymore. it was 10 bucks with shipping on ebay.

i went for a massage tonight and she could tell i was lifting weights and said my back looked good.

i have increased my calories to 1700... i was so hungry today half way though. i think thats good right?

i am also back to IF doing 16:8

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Hi holly!

I'm not sure what "IF" is, or what the reference to 16:8 is - so, that made me curious enough to post!

I increased my calories this week. And, I'm on Day 10 of strength-training. I also got my period, today, which (I hope) explains my weight gain on Monday night! Although, I've also committed to stepping OFF the scale - and I'll have to stay true to that for awhile, or end up with multiple crying jags (which isn't very healthy...)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I also increased my calories this past week and will weight in tomorrow. Hopefully I finally break out of this 2 month long plateau!
  • holly_v
    Options
    Hi holly!

I'm not sure what "IF" is, or what the reference to 16:8 is - so, that made me curious enough to post!

I increased my calories this week. And, I'm on Day 10 of strength-training. I also got my period, today, which (I hope) explains my weight gain on Monday night! Although, I've also committed to stepping OFF the scale - and I'll have to stay true to that for awhile, or end up with multiple crying jags (which isn't very healthy...)

IF - intermittent fasting
    16:8 - 16 hour fast 8 hour eating window.

check it out
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing!!

** Im actually trying the IF too...14:8...might try to push it longer. tomorrow I weigh in after 3 weeks of not stepping on the scale. Im freaked right out of my skin, but Im just gonna say a prayer and know that at the end of the day it's a number, and one variable to help me achieve my goal.

** I also ordered the fat calipers and am waiting their arrival..
    Really loving my bodymedia fit....just allows me to really see my calorie burn!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all from sunny Redondo Beach, CA:heart:
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    Last night i decided to take all of my measurements and take photos... OMG i now pretty much hate myself. I am the biggest i have ever been and feel like an absolute whale. Im pretty sure it was the kick up the backside i needed tho but i will be needed lots of support to get through this and reach my goal.- ~what i originally thought was about 10lbs to lose has now turned into at least 15.
    :( booooooooo x
  • holly_v
    Options
    Thanks for writing!!

** Im actually trying the IF too...14:8...might try to push it longer. tomorrow I weigh in after 3 weeks of not stepping on the scale. Im freaked right out of my skin, but Im just gonna say a prayer and know that at the end of the day it's a number, and one variable to help me achieve my goal.

** I also ordered the fat calipers and am waiting their arrival..
    Really loving my bodymedia fit....just allows me to really see my calorie burn!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all from sunny Redondo Beach, CA:heart:

Yay! are you going to be the 4th to enter it on the chart when the caliper comes in the mail?

you should try a 24 hour fast. i felt like that really kicked me into being able to do the 16:8. i can usually only make it to the 20th hour though :) i usually do it on a sat when i am out busy with errands
  • holly_v
    Options
    Last night i decided to take all of my measurements and take photos... OMG i now pretty much hate myself. I am the biggest i have ever been and feel like an absolute whale. Im pretty sure it was the kick up the backside i needed tho but i will be needed lots of support to get through this and reach my goal.- ~what i originally thought was about 10lbs to lose has now turned into at least 15.

i too took pictures in aug and felt so disgusting. but i use them as motivation so i can have an awesome before and after shot!
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just use that as motivation...to get you where you want. You are wonderfully and fearfully made, just know that you are beautiful and not defined by a number. You can do this, we will be there to help you....:-)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like to IF about once a week, just have dinner that day. It gets easier the more you do it and the busier you are.
    I have been exercising a lot lately so I'm getting hungrier.
    Although my scales rarely change I'm noticing a difference in shape and definition, so that's something!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    I have 15 lbs to lose, now, too....which is exactly why I want to step AWAY from the scale.

:(

I'm going to do the caliper test, though....hopefully all this strength training is counting for SOMETHING.