How did you do with your Thanksgiving Plans?

Options
I know, asking this question a little early, since it has hardly started, but wanted to share mine so far.

Well, I didn't get to go out dancing as I had planned, too much running around for everyone. Sooo, instead, I did two rounds of 30 DS level two and 45 minutes of Zumba on the Wii. Will definitely exercise this morning and hope to go dancing tonight. I have no intention of depriving myself of anything I want, so I will work out!

My point is, stuff happens, so have to be flexible and do what you can. Don't let one little bump trip you up to much. Keep going! Good luck to everyone and enjoy your thanksgiving without guilt!

Replies

• luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know, asking this question a little early, since it has hardly started, but wanted to share mine so far.

Well, I didn't get to go out dancing as I had planned, too much running around for everyone. Sooo, instead, I did two rounds of 30 DS level two and 45 minutes of Zumba on the Wii. Will definitely exercise this morning and hope to go dancing tonight. I have no intention of depriving myself of anything I want, so I will work out!

My point is, stuff happens, so have to be flexible and do what you can. Don't let one little bump trip you up to much. Keep going! Good luck to everyone and enjoy your thanksgiving without guilt!

Great job on your workout! Well, I got up and get my workout in, had a healthy breakfast and have already drank 6 cups of water. Our family dinner isn't until this evening but I plan to eat in moderation and enjoy a piece of pie. Be safe everyone and I hope you have a wonder Thanksgiving!
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job to both of you!! I was over calories :( however did really well considering. I was only over by 50 - so I'm not going to dwell on it too much. I should still be able to lose. I got up this morning went for an hour walk with the dog and then went for another hour walk with the dog. I also counted my 45 minute cleaning spree today (which I don't usually do). However, I did burn calories cleaning and I wanted to log it since I was SO over my calorie goal before. The exercise definitely helped. I measured and weighed everything. I also wanted two types of pie so I cut each slice in half which is HUGE for me. I am surprisingly very full - which shows how much I USED to overeat on Thanksgiving. I wanted to do another hour walk to make it so that I was under goal... however - I need to go bake cookies for a bake sale tomorrow! I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!
  • luvinit
    Options
    Great job to both of you!! I was over calories :( however did really well considering. I was only over by 50 - so I'm not going to dwell on it too much. I should still be able to lose. I got up this morning went for an hour walk with the dog and then went for another hour walk with the dog. I also counted my 45 minute cleaning spree today (which I don't usually do). However, I did burn calories cleaning and I wanted to log it since I was SO over my calorie goal before. The exercise definitely helped. I measured and weighed everything. I also wanted two types of pie so I cut each slice in half which is HUGE for me. I am surprisingly very full - which shows how much I USED to overeat on Thanksgiving. I wanted to do another hour walk to make it so that I was under goal... however - I need to go bake cookies for a bake sale tomorrow! I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!

Great job! It's those small victories that mean a lot, like not eating as much as last year! I also went over by 78 calories but I feel good about it because I ate way less than last year.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Going through scale withdrawal!!!!!
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am too!! It's such a habit to wake up in the morning and weigh myself!
  • luvinit
    Options
    I can totally relate about the scale! My jeans are getting loose on me but I still can't fit into a smaller size. At least I know what I'm doing is working, and to top it off we rejoined our local YMCA today! I'm so excited because we haven't had a memebership there since March. I'd love to start swimming again.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    LOL about the scale withdrawals!! Yall can measure yourselves if you like!!
    But my Thanksgiving plan with pretty good. I only ate ONE plate and had mostly veggies around 3pm. Didnt eat anything else but I did have me some Moscato!! I ate a lil bit of dessert but I def didnt over do it. I didnt key in my food for that day but I feel like I did pretty good.
    I did workout Thurs morn when I woke up but I wanted to workout Fri as well but I just rest cause I was tired. SO I will make up for it today and tomorrow!!
    Yall ladies have did good!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • DoingItNow2012
    Options
    Yeah, I'll be using my tape measure at ketositix to measure progress. But measuring multiple times per day is futile, lol. Definitely not as rewarding as weighing.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    My Thanksgiving went well! Did not drank as much water as I wanted. How is Zumba for the wii I am thinking about getting it?
  • DoingItNow2012
    Options
    Zumba on the wii is OK. Just dance is made much better. It's not really made for more than one person to play at a time. And i m not sure how accurately it measures your own accuracy. However, it's till a pretty good workout if you put in the effort. They have a newer release that I hear is supposed to be better. If you are going o get it,, try a used one.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I actually did better than I thought, I got my work out in before we went to my in-laws, which I actually think really help me not over eat. I usually got back for seconds and the year I didn't. I didn't overload my plate either. I ate just enough so i wasn't hungry anymore and i was satisfied. :)
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Thanx!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Thanx!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I did great I went to the gym did Zumba at 8am, Body Combat @9am, the bike for 45 mins and walked the track to calm down I burned just over 2000 cals and stayed under.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did great. I did KBT and TJ 40 mins each that afternoon and then I only had one plate although I made 2 stops. I actually only ate a little of everything that I was able to eat (no pork or beef). I had sweet potato pie and a spoonful of banana pudding... I was over on sugar but, I didn't go over on calories... I definitely didn't overeat at all!