Holiday Reboot!

Options
Hello FFOT17DD! (Fellow Follwers Of The 17 Day Diet!)

I started the 17 Day Diet on June 23 of this year. I've not been 100% compliant every single day, but for the most part I've stuck with whatever cycle I was on at the time.

Just before Thanksgiving I was on Cycle 3 - to me this is the toughest to follow because of the increased food choices! For some reason I do much better on Cycle 1, the most restrictive of the cycles. I find it easier to simply say "stick with this very limited list!". But I also completely agree with Dr. Moreno's recommendations on carb cycling, and I believe that moving through the cycles as per the book's descriptions is the key to my success so far.

As of just before Thanksgiving, I've lost 30 lbs, and I am thrilled! But the last few days have been approached with a "No Rules" attitude. I "extended" my Cycle 3 time (I was supposed to start Cycle 1 again ON THANKSGIVING.... yeah, like THAT was going to happen!). And somehow my Cycle 3 list included, well, whatever the heck was on the table or in the fridge!

My stomach and my body have NOT enjoyed this free-for-all. In the past 3 days I've felt sick to my stomach, bloated, fatigued, sore muscles - just overall I've felt kinda crappy.

So today, right now, it's time for a Holiday Reboot of my 17 Day Diet. I'm starting Cycle 1 today, just a few days later than was "scheduled". I've had my hot lemon water and a cup of hot green tea so far this morning. I'll be enjoying Cycle 1 foods while completely avoiding the leftovers in my fridge. My family will have to dispense with those - except the white meat of the turkey of course, that's MINE, lol!

Come and join me in a re-commitment to healthy eating! I'm not going to falsely commit to compliance on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. But between now and then I'm going to stick with it, and I'm going to LOSE WEIGHT during this Holiday Season!

Let's Do This!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice

Replies

• icandothis6
    Options
    I, too, felt awful after Thanksgiving. I was also terribly bloated in the morning and for the next two days. I am on my first round of C1 and am going to extend it for the rest of this week. I am going to try to follow it to a "t" for this week and see if I can drop more weight. As of Thanksgiving morning, I have only lost 4#. I am very discouraged, but trying hard not to quit.

I am making Chicken Vegetable soup now from the book (tweaked a little with the veggies I had), and made some Baked Omelette Cups for the week. Going to plan out the week and try to stick to it.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am with you..rebooting tomorrow!! I feel awful!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's what's really nice about the 17DD... it's easy to return to.

If you recall from the latter part of the book, he describes "real" life as being a diet during the week with relaxation of the rules on the weekend.

I find it easier to say "No, absolutely NO!" than to moderate carbs. I have one treat built into each day (and I lost a lot of weight very quickly, even with that!). From there, I make exceptions for holidays, vacation, birthdays, and special eating out occasions.

Going through the holiday season isn't going to be easy -- I love treats! But if I plan all my other eating around the Accelerate cycle food list, I believe I will come out okay at the end of the season.

Oh, and I plan to maintain my exercise schedule rigorously... Food isn't the only thing.