November 27th - December 3rd

Options
KayteeBear
KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
Time for a new weekly challenge to be posted I guess...

How about throwing in a nutrition one? Very basic for now...8 cups of water everyday. And that can include tea (if it's without milk or sweetener). But at least half of it has to be straight water.

And for workout jumping jacks 100 a day still (for those who can, if you're not physically able to you can opt out OR do choose to do something else)... and tricep dips 50 a day.

If anybody has any other ideas (or good substitution ides for the jumping jacks) you can comment here and I can come back and edit this post. Or just ideas for other weekly challenges. :D

Personally, I'm going to keep up with pushups as well as doing the jumping jacks and tricep dips. So everybody can personalize it if they want. I've been iffy with my workouts lately so I like having things like this to do that are not timed, just counted.

So:
8 cups water daily
100 jumping jacks (if can do)
50 tricep dips
OPTIONAL
50 pushups

PS: OMG This is leading us into December already!!! lol Crazy how time flies...or so it seems.

And don't forget! Comment with IDEAS if you have any! :D

Replies

• Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Instead of the jumping jacks I'm going to do the bicycle crunches. :D Thanks for getting the thread started.
    I agree, so crazy that it's already almost December!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge!! I currently drink 2-3 L a day hope to increase it to 3.5L hoping my body will adjust to all this water soon.
    I just joined a mini 6 week challenge to help me stay on track, with this and that hopefully the weight will start flying off =)

If I don't respond to everything doesn't mean I'm not here and in this I am, just trying to work 3 jobs and workout sometimes my days are loaded and all I have time is to enter my food on MFP.

Keep up the good work I know we can do this BOOYA!!!
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    Awesome challenge!! I currently drink 2-3 L a day hope to increase it to 3.5L hoping my body will adjust to all this water soon.
    I just joined a mini 6 week challenge to help me stay on track, with this and that hopefully the weight will start flying off =)

If I don't respond to everything doesn't mean I'm not here and in this I am, just trying to work 3 jobs and workout sometimes my days are loaded and all I have time is to enter my food on MFP.

Good luck with keeping up with everything in your life! Sounds busy. lol

I think I'm in four different groups that have daily or weekly challenges and I'm hoping that will help me with the weight.
  • sugarbeans
    Options
  • sugarbeans
    Options

Good luck with keeping up with everything in your life! Sounds busy. lol

I think I'm in four different groups that have daily or weekly challenges and I'm hoping that will help me with the weight.

Thanks!! Trying to find balance, I am hoping that once the boyfriend starts working again I can quit a job lol.
    I'd like to try more challenges and groups but in the past I would join a ton and not be able to be accountable for it. So I figured I'd start with these two and go from there.
    30 DS I would love to do but find that i get bored of the workouts it is weird!! I am starting to get motivation back again hopefully this plateau will end. I have been bouncing around in the 190's for the last 6 months.
  • KayteeBear
    Options

I'd like to try more challenges and groups but in the past I would join a ton and not be able to be accountable for it. So I figured I'd start with these two and go from there.
    30 DS I would love to do but find that i get bored of the workouts it is weird!! I am starting to get motivation back again hopefully this plateau will end. I have been bouncing around in the 190's for the last 6 months.

Better to start with only what you can handle. :) Right now I"m jobless (even though at this point I WISH I had a job but the search sucks in a small town) so I have plenty of time to workout...should workout more with all that time....haha

I couldn't do 30DS because of the repetitiveness but I do use the videos. Actually for working out I just try to workout so many times a week and do random videos (In the last month I've done 30DS, Ri30, Insanity, and Chalean Xtreme).
  • sugarbeans
    Options
    I have most of Jillian's dvd's but I get tired of her, I also have turbo jam but haven't tried it at all. Interested in insanity and chalean but I think they might kick my *kitten*. I have to be careful I love the feeling of the burn and being sore the next day but I can't be too sore and then my main job suffers. I'm an RMT and I have mainly deep tissue clients which means I need my muscles to function. Again like I said trying to find balance.

Yeah that's tuff trying to find a job in a small city, especially with the economy being so unstable. I hope you find something soon. =)
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    I have most of Jillian's dvd's but I get tired of her, I also have turbo jam but haven't tried it at all. Interested in insanity and chalean but I think they might kick my *kitten*. I have to be careful I love the feeling of the burn and being sore the next day but I can't be too sore and then my main job suffers. I'm an RMT and I have mainly deep tissue clients which means I need my muscles to function. Again like I said trying to find balance.

Yeah that's tuff trying to find a job in a small city, especially with the economy being so unstable. I hope you find something soon. =)

The economy isn't bad where I am but it's a small town...not city. As in there's less than 2000 people here (but not bad compared to my hometown which was 300 people...)

And Insanity isn't too bad. It's something you can start slow and build with it. Don't go as fast as them and take more breaks at the beginning. Even the people in the video have to take breaks so there is no shame in doing so but the key is at the beginning to go slower until you have the endurance and strength to go faster.

As for Chalean...I'm not sure about the weightlifting videos. I've only done the ab video and the more cardio videos of the program like Burn if Off, Burn Interval, Fat Burn Challenge and Get Lean Interval and those I really liked. I'm not as into the weight lifting right now.
  • sugarbeans
    Options

The economy isn't bad where I am but it's a small town...not city. As in there's less than 2000 people here (but not bad compared to my hometown which was 300 people...)

And Insanity isn't too bad. It's something you can start slow and build with it. Don't go as fast as them and take more breaks at the beginning. Even the people in the video have to take breaks so there is no shame in doing so but the key is at the beginning to go slower until you have the endurance and strength to go faster.

As for Chalean...I'm not sure about the weightlifting videos. I've only done the ab video and the more cardio videos of the program like Burn if Off, Burn Interval, Fat Burn Challenge and Get Lean Interval and those I really liked. I'm not as into the weight lifting right now.

I will have to look into them. Yes I have discovered slow and steady will win any race when it comes to weight loss and cleaning lol. Where are you from?
    I'm in Canada
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    I will have to look into them. Yes I have discovered slow and steady will win any race when it comes to weight loss and cleaning lol. Where are you from?
    I'm in Canada

Canada as well. lol Saskatchewan, how about you?
  • sugarbeans
    Options
    Alberta =)
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    Done for today.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the new challenge. I too will continue with the push-ups and jumping jacks (wasn't well and missed 2 days last week so at least this will clear my conscience). Already did them for today. Off now to see how to do proper tricep dips.
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry Ive been missing so much going on over here! I have been keeping up with the mini challenges daily. The only thing I cant do it the tricep dips.
  • sugarbeans
    Options
    Tricep dips are kicking my butt. I can do half of the 50 right now but hopefully it will increase as the week goes on. =)
    These challenges are awesome.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I attempted the Tricep Dips this morning and must say I failed....lol. I think I did 5 good ones of the 12 I did, but once again its a challenge I welcome.
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    Done! Except for water...still working on that.

I can do the tricep dips but not with my legs straight yet...and I have been doing them in sets. I did 20 at one go today but the rest I did sets of 10.
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    I did my jumping jacks, tricep dips and pushups for today. Along with Tae bo for my cardio. :P And I did get my water in for today as well
  • sugarbeans
    Options
    Awesome job!!
    I woke up this morning sick and drained. I am doing the water today but as for the dips and the rest of the challenge today is my day of rest.

Tomorrow I will be back in the game, going to bed early and hitting the gym in the morning.