What's Your Plan?

Options
We're all doing the DVD, I'm assuming, but what about the eating plan? Is anyone planning on doing it 100%, bagging it altogether, or going somewhere in the middle?

I looked at her eating plan and wrote up my own plan of interchangeable meals that made more sense for me, and since I'm nursing, I need to allow myself a little higher calorie intake too. I hope I still see good results, though. I'm trying to get lots of produce, fiber, protein, and fat from nuts rather than meat and dairy. It's hard as a stay-at-home mama though... and with the holidays, I'm just allowing myself a 250-calorie treat cushion each day so I can have a moderate amount of treats without guilt (or end up a little under calorie-wise on the rare December day when I'm not offered any sweets).

Replies

• gidgetsmiles
    Options
    I was completely out of sorts last week with the kids home from school. Didn't get many workouts in and after Thanksgiving it seemed I was ravenous. I didn't overdo it on my Thanksgiving meal but a day or two after I did. Maybe I felt deprived for not having splurged. Gained 1 lb. Anyway today we're back on track. Plan on trying to stick close to 1200 calories though I desperately need to find some new recipes for lunches and simply practice portion control with dinners.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Not doing the meal plan; sticking to around 1200 calories (depending on how many I burn). Will try to do day one tonight but I plan on going to the gym this evening for spin class; we'll see what that does to me after not working out for 10 days straight! :ohwell:
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I really like her videos. I started her 30 day shred last week, then cut out to do hikes with the family over the thanksgiving break. Best plan of all- taking kids hiking! Today, being that I'm pretty sore, I'm going to take it easy and use a yoga vid from exercise TV. I need the stretching & low impact today. Will go with JM level 1 tomorrow.

Food: I like her food plan too! But I like mrs.mcconkie's plan too. I'm allowed 1220. No bread for me for 30 days. Very hard to do as it's a staple for my kids. But I'm stacking up on soups to ward off the evil sour dough. :sad:
    I'm hoping that I will see a big difference by cutting out the bread.

BEST OF LUCK SHREDDERS,:smile:
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm doing somewhere in the middle. I printed the whole food plan out though (lots of pages!), I'm making a list, and taking it to the grocery store with me.

This, for me, will be the most difficult part. Glad to have support here.:smile:
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My diet is 80% free from junk. I do my best not to eat anything artificial. Every meal for me is centered around protein - lean red meat, chicken, white meat turkey, fish, tuna canned in water, eggs, hard cheese. Then I add fibrous carbs such as broccoli, asparagus, green beens, celery, spinach, kale (I get as much green as possible). I do not eat starchy carbs.  Finally I add fat, natural peanut butter, omega 3, butter, avocado, nuts, olive oil, canola oil or coconut oil. In the beginning I try to never eat simple carbs (starches) and when I do I try to keep it really small and not after 3:00 if possible and never after 6:00 pm. Lastly I drink tons of water. Half my body weigh in ounces (85 for me).