Introductions

Options

Replies

• cduffrun
    cduffrun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm 25, not married, but have been living with my boyfriend for the last 4.5 years. Planning on getting married but we aren't in any hurry (for the most part we already are, just haven't put a ring on it :smile: lol) We have a chocolate Lab, an English Bulldog, and a Himalayan (muh babies!). I would definitely say I'm pretty settled. My boyfriend and I typically hang out with older couples because it's so hard to find couples, or individuals for that matter, our age that appreciate the finer things in life (like the mortgage payment is due in a week, the gas bill was due yesterday, and the dog ate the water bill :wink:). I've enjoyed reading the introductions and it is really nice to see others like us. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • riaketty
    riaketty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 24 with two kids, 2 and 4. I "settled" at 19 when I married my hubby. I have a house with a lot of land we hope to turn into a farm one day. We have two german shepherd mixes. :D I'm going back to school hopefully this coming semester for biology.

Sometimes I wonder if I settled too early but then I look around in wonder and realize that, no, I settled at just the right time. :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 24 with two kids, 2 and 4. I "settled" at 19 when I married my hubby. I have a house with a lot of land we hope to turn into a farm one day. We have two german shepherd mixes. :D I'm going back to school hopefully this coming semester for biology.

Sometimes I wonder if I settled too early but then I look around in wonder and realize that, no, I settled at just the right time. :)

Farm?! So jealous!!! But in all seriousness, that is awesome!:smile:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 23 I've worked a total of 5 jobs on my 5th job soon to go full time. Been livin with my fiance for the last 4 years. No kids live in a small apartment hopin to save up to buy a house. Got bills to pay and a body to mend!
  • Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Melissa im 23 got married at 19 and had a daughter at 21 :)
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Katrina, 28, no kids, just a dog and cat. I got engaged about a year ago to an amazing guy. He's 25 but some days acts more grown up than me lol. I've been married once before, I was 22 when I made that mistake. I own the house we live in but are trying to make it more 'ours' than mine. I lost my in back in August, this has actually turned out to be an ok thing because I a, finally getting the chance to go back to school to get my bachelor's degree for medical imaging technology, and will be an ultrasound/X-ray tech. This has also given me the chance to really get myself back in shape. I gained about 30 lbs throughout a very unhappy marriage, and being miserable at a job I hated! I am really hoping to lose that weight and tone up before we decide to get married, fiancé used to play hockey so he's great to workout with and very supportive!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan, from Connecticut, I'm 22. Got married in May and have been on my own since I was 20. I work full time, as does my husband. No kids, but we have a ferret. :) We're completely an old couple, we rarely go out and when we do it's just to dinner or to do some shopping. By the time we're done working for the most part all we want to do is have some chill time at home.
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Raina! I'm married (since 2007) and he is my beeeeeeest friend! We have two beautiful daughters, ages 4 & 5. I'm a stay at home mommy and my oldest is in Kindergarten! I've not always been this happy and I definitely deserve the life I have now! My husband and I have a 'Happy Video posted under my profile! Check it out! Its nice to meet all of you!!
  • hayes1311
    hayes1311 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey all, My name is Charlotte. Im 21 partner is 22 weve been together for 5 years, & currently been trying to have give for 1.5yrs..
  • ummsalih
    ummsalih Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey , I am Hadiyyah 22 married at 18 and have a 14 month old son. I am a full time law student almost finished yeah! Not really much of a home maker but trying lol! I gained most of my weight the first year of being married around 30 pounds and never went down before having my son. Hope to lose the weight and get back on track this year.
  • theoddlittleduck
    theoddlittleduck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Marianne (27), I've been married for 5 years and have 2 daughters who are 17mo and 4. My oldest daughter is in Kindergarden and I work full time. I've had some issues controlling my weight after the birth of my second child and am above my pre-pregnancy weight of 186.5lbs.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Krista and I just came across this group. I'm 24 and I live with my boyfriend who is 25 in a college town. I am about to graduate with my masters degree in History my boyfriend is finally getting back on track and finishing his undergrad. We don't have any children.

I'm about to enter the workforce and am trying to get into shape to be more appealing to employers and get healthier before I embark on a new chapter in my life.

I have a lot of friends who are in their mid to late twenties who still act like they just turned 21 going out to dive bars almost every night and act like complete fools, and I am embarrassed to be around them. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy alcohol, but I feel as if I have outgrown the bar scene. My friends do not seem to understand that going out and drinking at a sleazy bar just for the sake of getting drunk no longer appeals to me.
  • bizchic
    bizchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I am a 22 year old college student and I have not lived with my parents since I was 18. I have lived with my boyfriend for the past 4 years and we have been together for almost six years. We plan on getting married as soon as we both finish school(he is also in school and we are the same age). We have lived with his parents but it is not a free ride and we always aim to contribute.

We really aren't into the whole partying thing, don't really drink, and never use drugs. We go to school, work, volunteer, and help out around the house. We have our ups and downs but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I can't wait to finish school and possibly start having little ones. Everyone thinks we are crazy but what is REALLY wrong with having someone you love and get along with(like seriously, lol)?

Check out my page to learn more!
  • ericann
    Options
    Hi everyone! i just found this group today. So I'm Erica and im 26 years old and I have a 5 year old son and I have been married for 5 1/2 years. I currently took the semester off from college but I'm going to go back to school in the spring 2012 semester. My major is in elementary education with a minor in spanish. My goal is to at least finish college before I'm 29.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kelli. I am 24 years old, I have been married for 4 years. I don't have any kids yet, but I have two cats that I love dearly.

I graduated from college in May of 2009, I have since worked in the health information management field. We bought our first house last year, and boy was that an adventure!

When I was a full time student and working about 50 hours per week, things were so fast paced, I didn't have the time to focus on myself. My life is more relaxed now, and it is time to focus on my health.

I have lost 52 lbs since April and I have about 100 more to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friend, the more the merrier!!
  • Amaalaa
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessie, I just got married to my husband 7 months ago (in May). We were both 25, now 26. No kids of our own yet, but I do have a birth daughter who is 5.
    We both are geeks. He is a video game programmer, and I'm currently unemployed.

We are losing weight/getting in shape together, as we both have gained since we got married! hahahaha
  • candacestewart87
    Options
    Candace here, I'm 24 married for 5 years in January and have a 3 year old daughter! I love my life, even if other people might think it's boring..I don't drink, never have and I don't go out!..I don't have any friends per say, not any that I would trust or confide in.. I for some reason sometimes feel like I'm a burden to them because I am settled and okay with the way things are going...
  • All4my2_325423
    All4my2_325423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello

Im 23 year old mommy to 1 (3 year old), I am very much single and live on our own! I also work fulltime and and attend school fulltime! So that leaves very little time for play, which to be honest even if I had all the time in the world I'd probably want to stay hope! But dont get me wrong I'm very social and friendly, I'd just rather not go out and party...I can do that in the comfort of my home for free....lol! So im hoping to find some more motivation to get and stay healthy!
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bre. I am 23 years old & my 1st wedding anniversary is this month. Me & my husband have been together since we were 16, and we have a 19 month old daughter. I am fortunate to have a few friends who are married or have been in long term relationships &/or have kids, although I don't see them often due to everyone being busy with their families...

I moved out from my mother's house at age 17, and at 19 me & my husband got our first apartment. Moving out of my mother's house was the beginning of my problem with my weight. Once I became responsible for myself I stopped eating healthy & gained more than the freshman 25lbs. I would say I am very settled down because I live for my family & I enjoy the time I get to spend with them. I have never really liked going to clubs nor have I ever liked the party scene, but I enjoy going out for dinner & drinks with my husband or my friends whenever possible...

Anyway, I am glad to see that there are other people in the world besides my few friends who have similar lives, and free free to add me :-)
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Mercedes. I just turned 26. I'm officially in my late twenties. lol. Engaged but we've lived together a few years and bought a house. We have no kids together except a BEAUTIFUL black lab named Skippy. I love Skippy.
    Anyways, our date is 9/8/12 and i have not even started looking for dresses because I hate shopping for clothes because I don't like where i am. I seriously want my 14 year old body back. I guess i would settle for my 17 year old body.

Anyways, i need the support and looking at doing this the healthiest way possible. :)

PS. ladies, I need freinds. :D

It's great that you are becoming healthy now and will enjoy shopping for your dress when that time does come! I unfortunately was very unhappy with my weight at my wedding. But I guess I'm changing things now and that's better than never :)

I too was unhappy with my weight on my wedding day. In fact, it is the before part of my main pic :-( I weighted my most in that pic even though that was one of the happiest days of my life...