Good Info on 34 Menpause Symptoms

Options
I'm doing a lot of research on the 50+ menopause symptoms and the site below gives good easy to understand info about symptoms, symptom management and treatments. There is a lot of info out there but I'm finding it to be confusing and disjointed and I'm on a mission to get to the bottom of it :-D

Check this out :-

www.34-menopause-symptoms.com

Replies

• annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that reference, Mary. I hadn't run across that site before and believe me I have read quite a few of them, including the highly vaunted Mayo Clinic, which was utterly and shockingly silent on the odor issue.

So, start eating oysters, almonds, walnuts, soybeans, yams, cherries apples and rice...I can do that. I had read about the zinc-magnesium factor at another site and had started including more of those foods in my diet. I did try taking vitamin supplements but find that hot flashes seem to occur right after taking them. So I haven't done that in a long while. Maybe it is time to give it another try. :-) "Time heals all wounds" may be the operative theory here. :ohwell:
  • chellesky
    Options
    Thanks for the link, very interesting :smile:
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Alot of very good information!! I think I can relate to about 80% of them. :)
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Lots of good information, I feel armed with more insight on what's been bothering me, and now perhaps some measures for relief. Thanks for sharing!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. I just realized that I have a couple of symptoms that I never associated with menopause - at least I'm not going crazy!

Thanks for the link Mary.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have several of those symptoms. I wonder if vertigo could be associated with dizziness. A couple of years ago I started having issues with going to down escalators that are tall and in wide areas. Such as a mega shopping center that has a long tall escalator in the center. There are a few here in Raleigh where I have to look down at my feet, shield my eyes and hold on for dear life until Im about half way down. I must be crazy! and people do look at me like Im nuts when I cower on the darn thing. Im convinced it has to do with menopause, I used to love the thrill rides and never had problems with escalators.
  • kmuellka
    Options
    Thank you for posting the link to the "34 Menapause Symptoms" article! I was wondering if anyone has tried the non-estrogenic herb the article mentions - Macafem - in the weight loss section of the article? I'm currently using the HRT cream for hot flashes and night sweats. I've been using it for about 4 months now and it does seem to help. I am post-menapausal and have not had any periods for about 18 months now. I like the idea of using a natural herb rather than the HRT cream. It also mentions that the herb regulates the thyroid, which I am interested in, and that it aids in loosing weight because the thyroid is regulated. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this herb and what their experiences have been.
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Thank you for posting the link to the "34 Menapause Symptoms" article! I was wondering if anyone has tried the non-estrogenic herb the article mentions - Macafem - in the weight loss section of the article? I'm currently using the HRT cream for hot flashes and night sweats. I've been using it for about 4 months now and it does seem to help. I am post-menapausal and have not had any periods for about 18 months now. I like the idea of using a natural herb rather than the HRT cream. It also mentions that the herb regulates the thyroid, which I am interested in, and that it aids in loosing weight because the thyroid is regulated. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this herb and what their experiences have been.
    Hi there,

After reading this article I did a little more research and decided to give it try. The 'generic' form is called 'Maca' and is about 1/3 the cost of the Macafem at a supplement type store. It's only been a little over 2 weeks, but I do think I'm sleeping better and I feel more clear headed and a bit more energized. I also noticed that the crazy-itchy feeling (like bugs just under my skin on the backs of my thighs) I've been fighting for a year now is mostly subsided -yay! Still hot flashing, but they've never been very bad.

I'll try to report back after a month or so. Hope that helps. Anyone else??
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the link. I have probably 70% of those symptoms.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    great article, I knew my crying episodes were more than "being a sensitive" person! Thanks
  • kmuellka
    Options
    I decided to purchase the Macafem and try it also. I wish I would have known about the generic brand! Next time...if it works. I am hoping for a good effect on my Thyroid. I've been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, but I want to believe it is due to the hormone imbalance and that there is still hope to get my thyroid going again! I'll post my results here after I have tried the Macafem for a while.
  • kmuellka
    Options
    I decided to purchase the Macafem and try it also. I wish I would have known about the generic brand! Next time...if it works. I am hoping for a good effect on my Thyroid. I've been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, but I want to believe it is due to the hormone imbalance and that there is still hope to get my thyroid going again! I'll post my results here after I have tried the Macafem for a while.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    great article, I knew my crying episodes were more than "being a sensitive" person! Thanks

lol - I hear yah sista! :flowerforyou:
  • kmuellka
    Options

I wanted to comment on my use of "Macafem" since I read this article. I purchased this herb and I really like the results that I have had. I was using the HRT cream for hot flashes and night sweats. Since I started using the Macafem, I completely stopped using the cream and my hot flashes are under better control than with the cream. I also like the "balanced" feel that I have been experiencing since I started taking this herb. I take 6 tablets a day, 2 in the morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening. I am definitely going to continue using this herb. However, the next time I purchase, I am going to look for the generic brand because it's supposed to be a little cheaper. The Macafem I found was 29.95 per bottle.
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    I wanted to comment on my use of "Macafem" since I read this article. I purchased this herb and I really like the results that I have had. I was using the HRT cream for hot flashes and night sweats. Since I started using the Macafem, I completely stopped using the cream and my hot flashes are under better control than with the cream. I also like the "balanced" feel that I have been experiencing since I started taking this herb. I take 6 tablets a day, 2 in the morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening. I am definitely going to continue using this herb. However, the next time I purchase, I am going to look for the generic brand because it's supposed to be a little cheaper. The Macafem I found was 29.95 per bottle.

I'm glad that you checked in, I was going to do the same tonight! I agree, I think that this supplement is working well for me. My hot flashes are much less frequent and shorter too, my skin isn't nearly as itchy, the menopause-munchies are easier to control, I'm sleeping better and have a general feeling of being in "balance" as well.

This has resulted in increased productivity for me this month, which is a good thing as I run an eCommerce company and Nov-Dec are hectic months along with other projects and family too. AND.... I've lost over 4 pounds since starting last month!!

I take 2 500mg tablets in the morning, and occasionally I take another in the afternoon.

Happy Holidays everyone!