Christmas break...

Options
I will not be able to return to a meeting until Dec 31 when we return from Christmas in Maine....but I intend to stick with the guidelines and enter the info each day. I hope then that when I weigh in again which will be after a 5 week break I will show some good progress toward my 10 pound initial goal.
Wishing you all Merry Christmas!!!!!

Replies

• villos50
    Options
    Please keep in touch until we see you again. I think we can all help each other through this food eating season. Best of luck
  • joannalucia
    joannalucia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will also be visiting family in California. The good part is I am mostly in charge of the kitchen while I'm there, so I can make healthier choices for all of us. I am very optimistic this holiday season! Wish me luck-I'll still need it!
  • MAGGIEBASH
    Options
    It is going to be a challenge for all of us to stick to our diets over the holidays. There are so many potlucks!! I have not found that it is helpful to drink water or eat some low calorie snack before going to potluck. Make sure you take something that YOU can eat. People will encourage you to "have something to drink" so take a small glass of wine and fill the rest of the glass with diet 7-up or something similar and it looks like you are having a drink.
  • villos50
    Options
    Good luck to all of us! If you go to a potluck bring a small plate. That will remind you not to take too much. Bring to the potluck something that is healthy and that you will eat. And let's not forget exercise. It would be too easy to put exercise aside when so many other things are placing demands on our time. And weigh in at your usual intervals. Oh yeah, one more thing - don'y wear stretchy clothing. Too easy to gain weight and not feel it!
  • fionam1
    Options
    I loved the advice about exercise even though there are such great demands on our time during the holidays.....I have sometimes noticed that if I do take time to exercise it improves my stamina and in the long run I get more done with less time. It wont be as easy to take a walk in Maine in the cold weather as it is here in TV but I will do it!!
  • villos50
    Options
    Mybe you'll be lucky and someone will give you an exercise DVD for a gift while in Maine. Then you won't have to go out to exercise in the cold air