PB 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    I've been watching too much of the "biggest loser," and am currently on the go hard and fast train. Those guys get their *kitten* handed to them, literally they are made to workout carrying weights signifying all the extra bulk they used to carry around. I'll be running on the treadmill with 5lb dumbells in my hands today to signify the 10lbs I've gained since last summer, and if a 350lb man can run a mile in 9 minutes there are zero excuses for me not to be doing it a hell of a lot faster.
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Got up and ran with the birds this morning even though I had a terrible sleep last night and I really really did not want to get out of my nice warm bed! But I knew if I didn't do it then I'd be crashing after work from lack of sleep and in no mood to run then either.

40mins, was meant to do 45, but I mixed in 30 second sprints every 5 minutes. Feels great knowing I can relax the rest of the day!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I run in a local 5K parkrun every Saturday (mixed terrain, mostly gravel paths with hills and plenty of mud) and my PB on there is 27:56. I started running in June with C25K so I'm a very new runner but I love it!
    I've just started redoing C25K as jog-run to try and get my speed up a bit - I finished the Bridge to 10K programme last weekend and as I have to do treadmill runs during the week I decided to try C25K again - the thought of bashing out 10Ks at the gym is a killer!
    Will let you know if it helps my time at all!
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing some bragging and hopefully doing some bragging of my own. :smile: Got pretty much the same goals!

I started running last December with C25k because I wanted to do the Warrior Dash in June. Prior to that, the last time I ran was when I was in college and I had to take a required phys ed class. I think the longest I ran was a mile and a half, but that was about 20 years ago.

Since I started running, I've been bitten by the running bug. My PR is currently 24:59, which thrills me to death, but since I still feel like I'm jogging, not all out running, I know I can go faster. So that's my goal now. I'm redoing C25k, but using run, run faster intervals instead of walk, run intervals, in hopes of being able to be under 22 minutes by Spring. Not sure if I can do it or not, but I'm going to give it a go!

awesome new pic you look great! I want to get back to my "after" pic shape that I took last summer but then I let it go over last winter and haven't managed to get back there.
  • nadine2unfit2bqueen
    Options
    Hi there! I run in a local 5K parkrun every Saturday (mixed terrain, mostly gravel paths with hills and plenty of mud) and my PB on there is 27:56. I started running in June with C25K so I'm a very new runner but I love it!
    I've just started redoing C25K as jog-run to try and get my speed up a bit - I finished the Bridge to 10K programme last weekend and as I have to do treadmill runs during the week I decided to try C25K again - the thought of bashing out 10Ks at the gym is a killer!
    Will let you know if it helps my time at all!

I'm on hal hidgons advanced 5k program, even though I;ve never done a c25k or even raced a 5k, but I've done 4 half marathons and a full marathon and during that process I self timed myself on a 5k and a couple 10ks just to see what I could do. My 5k on pretty much flat pavement was 24:05 and 10k was 48:05. I'm aiming for 5k in under 22mins and my favorite day of the program is the interval day where I can just let loose, feels fantastic to run all out like a little kid again :)
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Think I might have to look up this advanced 5K program of which you speak! Just done W1D2 as jog-run and it is having some sort of effect. Not sure it'll get me to 24 mins though!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Went out today and did 27 mins - almost a minute off!