Hello

Options
Hi everyone I am just starting out on this site. I am 37 year old mother of 3 teen boys. I recently learned I have diabetes type two. So I am am attempting to hit a major plan too lose. In August I plan to return to nursing school. I need some encouragement but I'm sure now is my time and I'm determined to do this so clinicals are not so difficult for me. I currently weigh around 275 so I really have a long way to go.

Replies

• gersie1
    gersie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry. My best friend is a diabetic too and her best defense is walking. She walks 3 - 4 miles a day and has had great results keeping her sugars under control. If she misses a day of walking, her numbers show it! This may be a benefit to you in the long run, being a nurse, you'll be on your feet a lot and probably do a lot of walking on your shift anyway. This way, you'll be "one step ahead" no pun intended!!! :smile:
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post but don't get distressed about a long way to go- just think, 1 lb per week is 52 lbs per year. That is WAY more progress than I ever had. How amazing would it feel to be 52 lbs lighter 1 year from now?!!