THE SCALE

Options
Goodmorning ladies!!! Just cking on yall to see how yall doing on the NO SCALE!! My scale isnt wrapped up yet and its still in my bathroom but I have really did good with not stepping on it!! And I feel good about that.

SHOUTOUTS to DEDICATIONPAYS!! She wrote me last night and said how she really wanted to get on her scale but she had the willpower not to get on it and she feel good about that and so do I!!!! YOU DID THAT GIRL!!!

I see yall are working really hard to reach that New Years goal keep it going.

We have exactly 30 more days to work our butt off to reach our goals!! Lets make the BEST out of this last month for 2011. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    YES WE CAN ! No more being a slave to the scale. Time to put good practices in to play everyday.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    I have to honestly say, I have no scale at home.... so I am not feeling the pressure! So great job on staying away from the scale ladies, you can do it, it has been proven that we can loose and be successful without one! 30 days, dang time is already flying, better get my butt out there movin and shakin. Happy Thursday everyone!
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My scale is sequestered away in my nieces bathroom. (We live together.) So virtually no access. It was getting so bad that i think I would step on the scale evrytime I went into my bathroom. Learning to focus more on how clothes fit and how i look to myself. I hope I am reading that correctly!
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OMG! You are so like me! lol. Every morning I would weigh and every night I would weigh to get an idea of where I think I'd be the next morning and sometimes if I went into the bathroom, I'd just hop on. I never really got overly disappointed at the scale and only "counted" my Monday am weigh ins so I really think it was more of a habit than anything. My scale is over at my best friend (and Matron of Honor)'s house. So, I won't have access to it. However, (and hopefully this isn't cheating :cry: ) I did go to the drs yesterday and they weighed me and I kind of saw).. But I'm not anticipating any more doctor's office visits between now and January so there shouldn't be any more accidental weigh ins.
  • Ang_37
    Ang_37 Posts: 58
    Options
    I don't have a scale either, it would borrow it from my neighbor. lol So lets stay in touch to motivate each other!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have to worry about staying of the scale anymore because my mom put it up. This just got easier :)
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sigh... the scale is my best friend :(
  • DedicationPays
    DedicationPays Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lol Im just now able to get on here via computer, Im usually using my app on my phone just to log my info in....But YES I admit I was doing weekly weigh ins and Im addicted to that but I DID NOT AND HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE SCALE SINCE MY LAST WEIGH IN.....THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT..GREAT JOB everyone for beating the urge.
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I'm a weak person and I actually made my husband hide it from me so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm really a little nervous about it though. I got in a weight loss challenge at work that ends in Feb. We all put in $33 and the winner gets $400. So it's making me itchy not knowing where I am. But if I stick to my workouts and eating right I guess there's really nothing more that I could do anyway.
  • Rebroland
    Options
    I have to say that I'm a weak person and I actually made my husband hide it from me so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm really a little nervous about it though. I got in a weight loss challenge at work that ends in Feb. We all put in $33 and the winner gets $400. So it's making me itchy not knowing where I am. But if I stick to my workouts and eating right I guess there's really nothing more that I could do anyway.

I completely understand!! I felt so silly asking my friend to take my scale from me.. But, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it and not cheat had I not done that. Hopefully this challenge will make it so that it's not a habit to weigh myself so much anymore and trust in the work that I'm doing. You have even more of a reason to weigh! $400 would be amazing! and it's good that you have these challenges to help you along :) at least we can weigh again after the new year so that you can know where you stand a few weeks before your challenge ends in Feb. I hope you win!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    I so wanted to weigh this morning!! I got up and for the heck of it tried on the size 14 jeans that I bought recently that didn't really fit me too well (I could get them on and buttoned and zipped - however they were not very flattering) and they fit so much better! I'm actually wearing them today! :) This made me want to weigh to check my progress.. But I'm happy that I can tell in other ways that I am making progress :)
  • reginaj30
    reginaj30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WTG on the size 14s and glad you have that to use as a measuring pole, by the time this over they will most likely be baggy :smile: . I keep passing the scale at home and in the gym and have to fight the automatic reaction to step on and take a peek.
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok I totally caved and stepped on the scale this morning. I feel bad that couldn't resist but I'm thrilled with my results.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I got my hrm and was tempted to weigh to put in my accurate weight, but I chose to go with my last weigh in. This month will be done soon enough.