Initial Test Results

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
What were your results and which column will you be following?

(I'll do mine tonight when I get home and report back then)

Replies

• thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Just finished my initial test. I got 30, so I'll be following level 4!

I think I'll plan to do my days on three of my crossfit days... I'm too nervous to take less than 2 rest days a week! (I'll likely to Mon, Tues, Fri).

I'm excited!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I think I'll plan to do my days on three of my crossfit days... I'm too nervous to take less than 2 rest days a week! (I'll likely to Mon, Tues, Fri).

I'm excited!

Oh my holy hell .. 30??!!! You are my hero!
  • sd101483
    Options

I'm excited!

^^^ What she said! You seriously ROCK! I anticipate I'll squeak out maybe 10...MAYBE
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Pre crossfit I could MAYBE have squeaked out 12 haha. We do them a lot in our WODs and even warm ups (broad jump burpees. gross). I just made myself do the "male" style push ups (I don't like calling them that, I just don't know how else to explain it) from the start. It totally sucked in the beginning, but I think it was the right choice for me. (I'm NOT saying I think that everyone should go that route, just was best for me.)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options

I'm excited!

^^^ What she said! You seriously ROCK! I anticipate I'll squeak out maybe 10...MAYBE

WOWZERS! You rock!
  • dawngold24
    Options
    I did my test last night and only got 8 (although they were the regular ones not girl ones)... I feel really weak now compared to her 30!! I am Level 1.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did my test last night and only got 8 (although they were the regular ones not girl ones)... I feel really weak now compared to her 30!! I am Level 1.

Don't feel bad, I'm thinking 7 for me, but going to try tomorrow when my arms aren't so tired from everything else I did today! :)
  • froggzy1015
    Options

I'm excited!

WOWZERS! You rock!

AhhhMAZING! I will be nowhere near 30, but will do 100 by the end!! :laugh:
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I did the test just for grins tonight and eeked out 16 good pushups ... I got to 19 but the last three were P I T I F U L so I'm going with 16 .. which ranks me at Level 3 and when I looked on the chart to see how many I have to do I damn near puked. All I want for Christmas is to make it through this!!!
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok here it is 2 military style or 5 girl push ups :O( WEAK I knew it would be hard )
    Level # 1 This seems harder then I expected !!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • dawngold24
    Options
    Don't feel bad, mine wasn't much better. I don't remember push ups being so hard!! :) We can do this!
  • sd101483
    Options
    I eeked out 12, which, somehow, puts me in column 3...:grumble:
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I was actually pleasantly surprised.... I did 20!!
    Level 3
    Now I'm motivated to try for 30 in the next few days...maybe more ;)
  • sd101483
    Options
    I was actually pleasantly surprised.... I did 20!!
    Level 3
    Now I'm motivated to try for 30 in the next few days...maybe more ;)

Fantastic! I was surprised (and pleased) by my 12! You blew me outta the water! WTG!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I may have misunderstood the directions, I thought for the fitness test you had to do regular pushups not modifications....cause I can't do any "real" pushups so I'm starting in column 1. Which is fine by me, I think this is the perfect challenge to hold me accountable and get me started to really building upper and even work on my core strength. I'm excited....as yall can tell I am NOWHERE near the fitness level most of you are on, but I'm gonna give this my all. :)
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fri 12/02/11 08:41 PM
    Ok here it is 2 military style or 5 girl push ups :O( WEAK I knew it would be hard )
    Level # 1 This seems harder then I expected !!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Edited by mommajdawg on Fri 12/02/11 08:45 PM

After reading the link to 100 push ups You can do modified , With that said I am going to do the ones using the counter with legs stretched back , I have been doing those and they don't hurt my back and I can do 12 I will still start Level 2 . I think this will be better for my fitness level I want to stay with this and until strong enough to do the military style.
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just did my test sigh!! I could only do 3 good form Push ups and it was a struggle ugh!! And I'm sore already lol I feel it in my arms chest and parts of my tummy. Whoa am I that out of shape
  • froggzy1015
    Options
    I did 8. Tried for number 9 and could not push myself back up, but held a nice low-ground plank pose, lol! I'm working with column 2 doing 25 push ups the first day, whew!
  • lijparsons
    Options
    OK, I just did my test, with hubby watching for form and doing the counting. I did 20, so I'll be in Level 3.
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I got in 35, so I'll be doing column 3!!! I'm excited to take myself to the next level!