Brides On a Mission - Part 1 (official)

Options
I know it's been a few weeks since i last posted to see how everyone was doing! But i'm back, i feel off of the wagon and i think i gained 5 pounds. Good News if i did i lost it! for i'm the same weight i was 2 weeks ago know! And i'm back to my motivation!

Let's keep track of everyone's progress! post every time you log your weight or inches or both!

Start weight : 201
Currect weight : 185
Goal weight : 155
Wedding : July 7th 2012
First Dress fitting : March 2012

Pictures are always awesome.
Have you found your dress.

what's your main reason for losing weight or maintaining.
ever have anything on your mind about your wedding or anything post it and i'm sure there is more than one of us who has some advise on what kind of stress we are all goign through with the planning, work, and pretty much the wedding!!
Can't wait to hear from all of you!

Replies

• Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 155 (But I was 185 six years ago and had lost and kept off a good chunk)
    Current weight: 136
    Goal weight: 130
    Wedding: July 22, 2012
    First dress fitting: Sheesh! I don't know! Guess I better start shopping!!!!!

Wanting to look good in my dress is only second to wanting to look good in my bikini on the honeymoon! "Diet makes you look good in clothes, exercise makes you look good naked!"
  • lyndseyann11
    Options
    hey girls,
    start weight was
    current-202
    goal-154
    final dress fitting is end of feb, i know i wont loose all of the weight but im aiming to loose abother stome by then x
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey There,

Start weight - 251
    Current weight - 257
    Goal weight - 155
    Wedding 15th September 2012
    First dress fitting August 2012

My main reason for wanting to lose the weight is to become a mum. My Fiancée and I weren't lucky in the reproductive department so we are starting IVF but doctors say they cant start proceeding till I get to my goal weight. and secondly my wedding.

So as you can see I'm having trouble with my weight.I do cardio for 30-40 mins every day and I'm currently on the 3-2-1 slim fast plan. Following it to the last rule but at the moment I'm GAINING weight every day with 1-3 LBS gain.

I feel crap about myself on a daily basis but refuse to lose the battle.
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    great to have you all aboard! don't lose hope rebecca! losing weight is never easy but we are all here to also help you keep motivated!!! You will lose it and look even more beautiful on your wedding day and you'll become a wonderful mother! :) great to have you along for all of our journeys!

lyndsey : you can do anything you set your mind too!! :) i believe in you!

krissy i love your quote "Diet makes you look good in clothes, exercise makes you look good naked!" !! so true!
  • haneliz
    haneliz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

Starting weight: 261
    Current weight: 234
    Goal:180 by the wedding

The big day will be in September and dress shopping begins this month!

My main motivation is to be able to live a long, happy life with my fiancee. I want to inspire him to get into better shape and I want to be a good role model to my future kids so that they don't have to deal with the weight problems that I've had to deal with.
  • Espy86
    Espy86 Posts: 10
    Options
    My wedding date is on July 7,2013 My starting weight: 225 My current weight: 194 My goal weight : 130
  • liebs1187
    Options
    Hello, Just starting... long journey ahead of me

Starting weight: 205
    Goal Weight: 150
    Wedding Date: June 2013
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Start weight : 232
    Currect weight : 211.4
    Goal weight : 170
    Wedding : January 14, 2012
    First Dress fitting : Done and dusted, i pick up my dress on January 11! It's been taken in 20cm since arriving. The measurements sent away were perfect at the time of ordering, so i'm WAY stoked about that!

My main reason for losing weight is my health. I have family history of diabetes and heart disease and cholesterol problems, so i would really like to not be inviting them in through bad health.
    I also suffer with mental health issues, and i've found that my mental health is negatively affected by being overweight.

At this point in time we're just waiting on the last three RSVPs, and choosing our pizzas for the reception.

We're having an 11am wedding in the middle of an Australian summer in a Winery garden.
    A mobile wood-oven pizza place is doing our catering, and our cake is a cupcake tower.

I'm so flipping excited!!!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 145
    Current weight: 132
    Goal weight: 125

I have found my dress. So pretty.
    Wedding date July 14, 2012

I want to lose/ maintain so that I can feel confident and beautiful on my wedding day and my honeymoon especially since that will be the first time my fiance "sees" me
  • Angelover2286
    Angelover2286 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Start weight : 246.2
    Currect weight : 243
    Goal weight : 180
    Wedding : we aren't technically engaged yet, but it's really only a matter of buying the engagement ring
    First Dress fitting : long ways out

I have found my dress, it's actually got a Renaissance feel to it.

As for why I want to lose weight, I want to do so for health reasons as diabetes runs in my family, and I also want to look and feel better...and who doesn't want to look good on their wedding day? Its a few years off most likely, but I do want to have a nice thin body for my man when we get married!
  • RockerDDS
    RockerDDS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 176
    Current Weight: 177.2
    Goal Weight: 145

Wedding Date: June 2, 2012

I just ordered my dress. I wasn't happy with the size I ordered but it would be an easy dress to take in.

As you can see, I am struggling with my weight loss. I was out of town this past weekend which is why there is a gain. I have less than 6 months to this wedding so I need to get the weight off fast!
  • kristen_sample
    Options
    Start Weight: 170
    Current Weight: 170
    Goal Weight: 150

Had the first dress fitting already :)!! Not sure when the next will be, I need some alterations in the length (and hopefully some more once I take it to be altered!).

I not only want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. I was not raised healthy and I do not want that for my future children. I do not want them to go through what I have (yo-yo dieting, up and down in weight... low self esteem, etc.). This isn't just for the wedding, its for my lifestyle! :)
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Start: 242
    Current: 238

While I want to be lighter at my August wedding, my motivation is health related. I am having all sorts of health problems that could be fixed by losing weight.
  • lacotto
    lacotto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 165
    Goal Weight 140
    Wedding May 26, 2013

I basically want to get healthy and down to a manageable weight while keeping my curves for the wedding!
  • heather7405
    Options
    Start weight : 198
    Currect weight : 188
    Goal weight : 160 ( I would love to get down to 140)
    Wedding : Septmeber 22, 2012
    First Dress fitting : Julyish

I just want to feel good about my body. I got so frusterated while looking at wedding dresses...not everyone is a size 2.

I tried to post a picture of me in my dress, but it will no upload. Any ideas?

I have most of the big things accomplished already (dress, venue, caterer, florist, etc. )
  • krh1978
    Options
    Start weight : 175
    Currect weight : 173
    Goal weight : 150
    Wedding : October 2012
    First Dress fitting : August 2012

Hi, I've just started out on the website to help drop a bit before the wedding and to improve my health. Looking forward to interacting with you all, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • ogmama12
    ogmama12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sw: 178
    Cw: 158
    GW: 135
    5'9"

I have my dress (it's Vera Wang!!!) and was horrified by the size I ordered! My dress will be ready for my first fitting in May, and I want to look great in it and hopefully have it taken in several inches. :smile:
    It's tough to balance work, wedding planning, and life! Feel free to add me as a friend- I love to give encouragement, and definitely need some myselfM
  • kdolfi7
    kdolfi7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Start weight : 150
    Current weight : 147
    Goal weight : 135
    Wedding : October 2012
    First Dress fitting : none yet! I'm probably going to start shopping mid-February.

So excited!
  • autumn_mix
    autumn_mix Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    kdolfi7, we are twins!!

Start Weight: 151.6
    Goal Weight: 135
    Wedding Date: October 2012

My mom is a seamstress, so we are designing and making my dress (sketch to come soon!). I am her only daughter though, so we thought it might be fun to do the whole trying-on-dresses thing. So on Jan 17th, my mom, fiance, brother, and sis-in-law are headed to a super swanky (waaaaay out of my price range) salon to try on dresses. It might be fun? Maybe? Not sure? Definitely going to need some Spanxx! Sample sizes are ridiculous!
  • MariankaZasranka
    Options
    I'm almost like the two ladies above me (we're triplets lol):

Current weight: 150 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs
    Wedding Date: April 28th, 2012
    1st dress fitting: Mid-end of February

Have not lost anything weight yet since I just started on Sunday, but have been really good since. I started using a hula hoop this morning (called magic hula) and I LOVE it! I am not the one who likes to exerciser but I think I can actually enjoy it this time. I am also doing wii zumba and wii activity 2, love both as well.

I tried loosing weight before but the weekend kill me. This time around my fiance is also trying to loose 20 lbs, so doing it together is a real motivator!! Hope we can both do it!

How is everyone else loosing weight? Just dieting?