introduce yourself

Options
rodegghero
rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
I have a baby and three jobs. Looking to lose post baby weight and stay fit. I have about 40 pounds id like to lose.

Replies

• StacyBMe
    StacyBMe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:
    My name is Stacy, I am a wife and a mother of 2 and work full-time. I am trying to get back to a healthy weight so I can feel good in my skin and promote a healthy lifestyle for my kids. I have about 50 pounds to lose.
  • rodegghero
    Options
    Nice to meet another local!
  • CasiH
    CasiH Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Casi Herrera here!

Science teacher at heart, afterschool person professionally. I work full time, am getting my masters, and am baby-planning.

I have a wonderful wife of 12 years who works hard as a veterinarian at the University. We have 2 amazing dogs, the cutest little ferret in the world, and an evil cat. Our sister lives with us as well and she has her pup, Laela. We are animal people, if you couldn't tell.

When I moved to CoMO last July, I was fit and healthy and 1/2 marathon-ready. Today I am 20 pounds heavier and out of breath taking the stairs. I got very discouraged but....

Starting fresh with the new year. Doing monthly challenge. This month I am giving up sugar and working out 6 days a week. The sugar thing is super hard for me, because i am truly an addict. So far so good (5 days in).

I could use all the encouragement I can get. I am looking forward to having myfitnesspal as a source of accountability.
  • rodegghero
    Options
    Casi wow....no sugar! I am not sure I could do it, but I see the benefits for sure. Good luck. You should open your diary so I can see what a no sugar diary looks like :)
  • ape087
    ape087 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well i just found this group, so I will introduce myself now.

My name is April, and I am back after spending the past 4 years in San Diego where my husband was stationed in the Navy. Since he was gone a lot I found it much easier to eat fast food than eat good food, and have since put on much more weight to an already large body.

I had weight loss surgery in 2010, and it's helped me lose about 45lbs, but I still have more I need to lose. At 255, Im still cruising at a pretty high weight.

I have a 2 year old daughter and a 6 year old step son, and need to get healthy for them as much as for myself.
  • williameduncan
    williameduncan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bill Duncan here.

I live in Mexico, Missouri. I'm 53 and weigh about 350 lb. I have topped 400 lb on two different occasions. I'm not really worried about weight loss, but I'm concerned about my health -- bp, cholesterol, joint health...

I currently work out at Pro Fitness in CoMO. I do 30-50 min of cardio and then train for strength.

I completed a 5 km walk on Mar 10 in 55 min. I have been a competitive powerlifter since 1986. I competed in STL on Mar 17 and squatted 523, benched 288, and pulled 523.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Clarise here. Working mother of two. Lived in como four years and i love it!

I love hiking on the Bear Creek Trail with my Saint Bernard.
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    I'm Marie. :flowerforyou: I'm working on toning up and getting in shape overall. I am a housewife with three cats and four rats, and I'm really loving my new lifestyle. :happy:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior at Mizzou. Graduating in May, but I live here until then!
  • steppingforward
    Options
    SAHM of two. Wanting to be consistent at getting 10K+ steps per day and modeling healthy eating and fitness habits for my kids.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    welcome!