Welcome new pals(introduce ur self by ur real name)

Options
Welcome new pals. Please everyone let us know ur real name. where u r from and y u decided to join. Starting with me. Farah from Florida. I really need to lose the weight for good. tried of yo-yo dieting, thus far 45lbs down and counting and cant wait to see more come off. No really major health issues, but dont want any lurking around either, due to my bad choices. I found that I love me more than food to control me. So please lets help each other rock our goals.

Replies

• aprilsshowers81
    aprilsshowers81 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is April and I am currently living in one of the most beautiful places in the country, the Canaan Valley in West Virginia. Life here is all about getting outside and doing things and the extra 50lbs I have been carrying around definately hold me back. So I decided that there was going to be no more trying to lose weight. NO more fad diets and half-hearted work outs that it was going to be the total change that I needed. Is it easy, no. My other half, while very supportive and encouraging is also a gourmet chef who is constantly trying new recipes at home for the restaurant.
  • dabratt92
    Options
    Hello all,
    I'm Wendy from New Mexico. I decided to join because I cannot afford WW any more. I work all the time and have drop in apts at anytime including 5pm or after. I lost 30 lbs in 2 yrs on WW but decided that I needed a change to more flexible meeting times. This has no meeting and tons of SUPER GREAT SUPPORTERS. I have lost 6 lbs since I joined last week.

I have HBP and could be borderline diabetic. My father is diabetic, HPB and heart problems, I done want to deal with any of that personally. I lost mom on Oct 17 due to complications with Parkinsons and Alzheimers and other stupid people. (wont go there). The home she was in was great though.

I decided I will not be one of the statistics out there that show up on our local TV of random OW bodies walking around. I have needed to loose aroun 100 lbs for about 4 yrs. Just suddenly it seemed. Well I'm doing something about it and will continue to do something about it for me and no one else. I love to eat but I know there are better ways to eat what I like. Simple changes like smart pasta selections, and dont forget the salads (love'm) Also shrimp and chicken are staples in my home anyway. So just make simple changes seems to be working. Not so much processed sugars and boxed dinners anymore are working great also.

I am 5'4" and weigh with clothes on 212. I'v been weighing before I take my morning shower for the site though. I also bought 3 new pairs of jeans the other day that were 2 sized smaller than what I've been able to get for the last 4 yrs. From 20 to 16. and the are already loose on me. Hope I have clothes for christmas that fit.

Ok enough Nice to meet all of you and have great holidays.
  • capsfan28
    Options
    Heyy... I'm Jamie && I'm from Ohio...currently living in Kentucky. I joined MFP bc I can't afford WW or anything like that so since I have this app on my phone, I figured it would be easier to stay on track since I am never without my phone. I got side tracked with some funerals... && wasn't really in the right frame of mind... But now that I have all that behind me, I plan on being able to get on here frequently.