Hi!!

Options
Good Evening Everyone!!!

My name is Keisha and I'm not new to MFP, but I'm returning after a long hiatus and a 30pound weight gain. There have been personal issues that have contributed to this gain as I am an emotional eater. I am so happy that this group was started so that hold each other accountable. I am a person that runs away easily; I am learning to face this fact, so with support I know that I can stay focused and achieve my goals. I'm not sure who started this group but THANK YOU!

Replies

• dabratt92
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to the site. This seems easier than keeping up with the new WW points program which started just before I got super busy with my job and could not go to the meetings anymore. The people so far have been great and I want to welcome you back to the site.
    Hope to chat soon.
  • LCiprian
    Options
    Thx so much for the welcome! I too have done weight watchers in the past and even tried to use the new program; I didn't try hard enough admittedly. I love MFP becasue you can truly see, using the graphs and reports, your progress and learn trends in your eating habits etc. I am so motivated to do this full out and give it my all; again I appreciate the welcome!!!!:smile:
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • smguidolin
    Options
    Hello! I was so frustrated last week with my Doctor. I went in distressed because of my weight and she kept telling me to join this site. I was angry and did not know how or what to eat. So I started and I cannot believe that not even a week I am finally getting it. I wanted a program to help me and was willing to pay but now see the benefits of this. I am more aware of what I am eating! I started walking daily and am up to 45 min walking and 25 min on the machines!
    I hope this continues but thank you for being part of this group! I am headed back to the Doctor to jump on the scale and show her the progress made. Thank you Dr. Howard for pushing me and thank you MFP friends for having this group!
  • aprilsshowers81
    aprilsshowers81 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was so frustrated last week with my Doctor. I went in distressed because of my weight and she kept telling me to join this site. I was angry and did not know how or what to eat. So I started and I cannot believe that not even a week I am finally getting it. I wanted a program to help me and was willing to pay but now see the benefits of this. I am more aware of what I am eating! I started walking daily and am up to 45 min walking and 25 min on the machines!
    I hope this continues but thank you for being part of this group! I am headed back to the Doctor to jump on the scale and show her the progress made. Thank you Dr. Howard for pushing me and thank you MFP friends for having this group!

Hello, I am glad that you are already seeing the benefits, I know that it isn't easy making that first step and taking the time to ourselves to say I am going to do this, but forming a routine like you seem to be starting to is great! I know that the first thing that I do in the morning is workout (this morning it was shoveling snow) and the last thing before bed is Yoga. It has only been a few weeks, but I feel great. Keep up the hard work.

11406357.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dabratt92
    Options

I'm really glad you are seeing a difference. I have taken great drastic steps before like WW.( dont like the new plan) tried the Nutrisystem (Yuck). Love to eat everyday food with just making smart decisions like skipping the potato and getting a side salad. or skipping the bread on a sandwich and adding it to my salad. Yes I like salads, always have just had to change the types of dressings I was using.

One week 2 days and Ive lost 6 lbs so far.

Just wait until you find the weight loss banner for your posts. You will love it.