Texas Weather

Options

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    it's disgusting in Corpus today!! was about 66º this morning during my run but was SO humid that I was drenched in sweat 10 minutes in! now it's foggy & raining... make up your mind!!

I graduated from Carroll High School in '85. Are you familiar with the campus? Outside breezeways!!!! Ugh. I carried a curling iron in my purse and would straighten my bangs at the beginning of each class. Darn humidity!

I went to King (RIVALS!!) because my dad was a teacher/coach there. His room was outside & I had his class... HATED going outside!! haha the frizz was out of this WORLD! I just left my hair up all the time or I probably would have carried my straightener with me too!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    it is cold and rainy here in the big D.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I went to King (RIVALS!!) because my dad was a teacher/coach there. His room was outside & I had his class... HATED going outside!! haha the frizz was out of this WORLD! I just left my hair up all the time or I probably would have carried my straightener with me too!

Were you a Royalette? I was a Tigerette and had lots of friends over at King.
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    55 and soggy today :( Felt like 70 (but the weather app says 57 now)... but warmer what with the humidity though. Made the mistake of trying to bike the hiking trails this morning and slid on a muddy patch and busted my butt. I'm sure my allergies would appreciate it if Houston weather decided to become completely cool or just completely miserable, but bouncing back and forth between the two is just not helping.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    37, soggy, and cold here in North Texas (FTW area) :cry:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh where did my warm Texas weather go???
  • macpatti
    Options
    I know! I want my warm weather back!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I know! I want my warm weather back!

this! here in aggieland it's 42 but feels like 35! brrrrr.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did not move back to San Antonio for 40 degrees highs!
  • macpatti
    Options

I hear ya!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I didn't move to Houston from NY to be cold either!!!! What's up with this!!!!
  • vilyli6
    vilyli6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It was so cold here in Wylie that I actually had a little snow on my car this morning when I was leaving for work, but....a non-running car that decided to have a dead battery from the cold :( .....well on the bright side, I got a vacation day from work!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I can't believe how cold it is in Houston. Just 3 days ago, we were buying our Christmas tree wearing shorts and flip-flops.
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had snow on my car this morning too in Plano. Way too cold for me. :)
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Brrr...frost in Bryan College Station - and a chilly 26
  • ericann
    Options
    it's too cold in houston!!!! this morning my car said it was 34 degrees outside....i cant believe im saying this but please bring back the 100 degree weather!!!!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    cold in middle of nowhere s. tx. Frost this am. It seems the locals are all freakin. They don't own jackets or something. *~*

And I love it when people say that the weather is always nice and always the "same" in S. CA. Right. Like this weekend; 100 mph winds, no power, 40 degrees.... Lovely weather. I seemed to take some of it home when I came back to TX on Monday. Sorry. CA's fault!

@Flica: that's called Frost, not snow. ftfy.
  • macpatti
    Options
    I started getting sick this morning. :sick: Sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, headaches. I'm sure it has everything to do with the weather changing so drastically!
  • tigressmomof5
    tigressmomof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am from Southern Oregon, where it is cold at least 9 months of the year, snowing some times in late winter. I am loving this warm Texas weather. And it is more windy here then the part of Oregon I lived in. And the thunderstorms here are way AWESOME!! The only thing that I do not like too much is when the summer gets to 108, last summer was my first summer here and I hope it does not reach that high temp. again, but other then that Texas weather is great!!
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just read all the comments and you all sound like my parents back in Beaumont. I am living in Amarillo and love the weather up here. We actually get 4 seasons with snow and all! I love the warm weather but hate the humidity back home. I love the cold weather and am so thankful each time it snows. Today it's beautiful with a high around 62 and a low around 35. The only thing I don't like about the weather up here is the lack of rain and thunderstorms and the wind! The wind is horrible. Yesterday it was blowing dust around at about 40mph all day long!