Computrainer

Options
mewhisler
mewhisler Posts: 37 Member
Hi All,
I am considering buying a computrainer to do better bike training... i have a regular trainer that I use, but I have heard you get a better workout with a computrainer. The problem of course is the price, so I want to make sure it is really worth it.

thoughts?
Thanks!

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I don't personally own a computerized trainer, but I have been looking around for a while.
    You should take a look at tracx as well. It's cheaper and carries more features.

Check this article out: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/search/label/Technology
    Look around the blog, he has several in-depth reviews (including one of the Computrainer)
    Hope this helps.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    There's a group buy going on at www.beginnertriathlete.com, I think this week is the last week to get in on it.
    Might want to check it out.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    There's a triathlon store near me that has a back room with 15 computrainer slots rigged into one main computer. The store owner does endless numbers of classes, where the group can pick the course, or do intervals. She likes to hang around during intervals to make sure the group is doing them properly.

This is turning into one of the best training activities I've ever experienced. I try my best to go every Friday. Would I cough up the money to buy my own computrainer? Probably not. Too many other items higher up on my wish list. Is the difference in training noticeable? ABSOLUTELY!!! It's a huge step up from a standard trainer.

Hope this helps.
  • mewhisler
    mewhisler Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thank you all! This is helpful. Maybe Santa will be extra good to me this year :)