Possibly an even harder pushup?!?!

Options
I gave this a shot an almost got a hernia LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8WtFt0IPI

Replies

• stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*! That's incredible. Hubby just tried to do it - nearly pissed my pants laughing!!!

:laugh:

Kathy
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    Youv got to be like a ballerina or something to be able to do **** like that.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*! That's incredible. Hubby just tried to do it - nearly pissed my pants laughing!!!

:laugh:

Kathy

Good thing nobody was around to witness my pathetic attempt LOL.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Wow.
    Youv got to be like a ballerina or something to be able to do **** like that.

That, or an Olympic gymnast
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Anybody abIe to get one done?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    injured shoulder says no to attempting that one :(
  • clintondene
    clintondene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    that is pretty crazy. Once i master 20 chin ups then i'll give that a shot, I need to build my upper strength before that attempt. But in my mind im already laughing at myself.
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I HAVE OVER 30 FRIENDS THAT I KNOW PERSONALLY WHO CAN DO THESE ALL DAY! PRETTY MUCH ANY BREAK DANCERS CAN DO THIS AS IT'S NEED FOR SEVERAL DANCE MOVES ,HAND SPINS,TURTLES,SLOW MOTION STALLS ECT. BUT IT'S MORE BALANCE THAN STRENGTH OR I SHOULD SAY A COMBO ,BUT FEE OF THEM CAN EVEN DO 1 SUPERMAN PUSHUP! SO DON'T SWEAT IT ,BESIDES I CAN DO THESE EASIER THAN SUPERMAN PUSHUPS BEING I USED TO BE INTO THE B BOY SCENE.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I can see true strength from a gymnast, but most guys I see that can do this have NO leg mass. Much easier to do when you don't have much to counter balance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote]
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    that is a very good point
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Wow!!!

My roomie's boyfriend just tried it. Face planted and ate carpet. LOL!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I can see true strength from a gymnast, but most guys I see that can do this have NO leg mass. Much easier to do when you don't have much to counter balance.

IDEA Fitness member
    [/quote]

True, my Iegs are fairIy Iarge so my core has a Iot of mass to baIance
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Wow!!!

My roomie's boyfriend just tried it. Face planted and ate carpet. LOL!

You need to record these attempts :)
  • keola64
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    [/quote]
    Ok I disagree,just because YOU have terrible balance doesn't mean that only people with large upper body and small legs can do it,that is very offensive to breakdancers everywhere,to breakdance takes a lot of strength all-around,how do you think they can do multiple flips ect. Get your facts straight before you post assumptive remarks based on your opinion without factual knowledge about this.I can do these pushups and having been raised training Muay Thai have strong legs my body is distributed quite evenly so quit making excuses on why you can't do it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Ok I disagree,just because YOU have terrible balance doesn't mean that only people with large upper body and small legs can do it,that is very offensive to breakdancers everywhere,to breakdance takes a lot of strength all-around,how do you think they can do multiple flips ect. Get your facts straight before you post assumptive remarks based on your opinion without factual knowledge about this.I can do these pushups and having been raised training Muay Thai have strong legs my body is distributed quite evenly so quit making excuses on why you can't do it!
    I'll have you know I was in a breakdancing group in the 80's an competed in the Bay Area. Notice I did say "MOST" in my statement and not all. And how do you know I have terrible balance? :yawn: I'm a kickboxing instructor. I have to balance on one leg alot.
    Strong legs don't mean you have more mass.You don't have to have massive legs to be strong. Point is that the more leg mass you have, the harder it is to do. The dude in the video has stick legs.
    Chill. You're feeling like you've been personally attacked. Reread what I posted with a calm mind.

IDEA Fitness member
  • keola64
    Options
    I'll have you know I was in a breakdancing group in the 80's an competed in the Bay Area. Notice I did say "MOST" in my statement and not all. And how do you know I have terrible balance? :yawn: I'm a kickboxing instructor. I have to balance on one leg alot.
    Strong legs don't mean you have more mass.You don't have to have massive legs to be strong. Point is that the more leg mass you have, the harder it is to do. The dude in the video has stick legs.
    Chill. You're feeling like you've been personally attacked. Reread what I posted with a calm mind.

IDEA Fitness member

Just because you can can balance on one leg doesn't mean that you have a universally well trained equilibrium the kind of balance a gymnist ,skater,snowboarder,high diver,ect. So just because one video has a chicken legged hit doing those doesn't mean that to some1 who often trains to acquire such balance with large legs can't do this! I'm not taking it personally but if you applied yourself to such an exercise you would overtime be able to get it town unless you just plain out can't figure out your point of balance,everything has a point of balance whether or not you have the talent to find it and be comfortable is another thing in which dome people may never achieve this,such as popping a wheelie on a bicycle dome people can ride for miles on their back tire ,I'm not one of those people but I am one who has an extensive array of balance ,people who train in kapoeta can easily do those pushups and also tend to have muscular legs so like I said before its your opinion that the mass has to do with it when you can easily counter balance yourself by simply bending your legs leaning forward and having the ability to find your central point of balance ,I'm surprised that you being a kickboxing instructor that you wouldn't know the basic philosophy of finding and training different points of balance as its a vital part of gaining max power for many various attacks and counters. Point made!