December Goals: where do you want to be December 31st?!

Options
Hi everyone,

Today is December 5th but we have most of the month ahead of us. I plan on checking in once a week and report on my progress.

Goals by Dec 31st:
1. Lose 5 lbs.
2. Stick to and complete the December Cathe rotation.
3. Stick to the details bellow.

Details:
3. Not to eat every time I *think* I am hungry. Will have water or herbal tea instead.
4. Eat ~1400 calories per day. Will not eat back workout calories. If possible go lower carb with 100g carbs/40g fat/ 150g protein as a rough guide, though that last point I will be a little more flexible on.
5. Allowed (but they do not need to be taken) two days per week of up to 1800 calories but NOT more.
6. If weight loss is not happening I will add cardio. I will not change what I am eating.

Mini goal by next week's check-in: -2lbs.

BRING IT ON!

Replies

• steph_arena
    Options
    Holy Crap Helene!!! you set the bar high for us! ;)

Okay here goes...
    Goals by December 31st:
    1. Not wring my husbands neck....ok just kidding on that one..I think..

1. Lose 2 pounds..(sounds easy but harder than you think)
    2. Complete meso 1 and try to get some cardio in at least 2x a week
    3. Details below

Steph's details:
    A. Drink water even on the weekends!
    B. Eat my 1400 ish which i have set per day and try my hardest not to eat back my exercise cals..or only half.
    C. Try to use my HRM so I can get more acurate cal measurements and quit cheating with the ones on Cathe's site.

Mini-goal for next week...
    1. Try my hardest to do some cardio..i am on my rest week from sts
    2. Stay the same weight...I cheated a lot last week and am scared to step on my "broken" scale this week so if i manage to have maintained what I was last week...I will be one happy camper :)

Thanks for getting us started Helene
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Here are my goals...

1. My weight is still up from Thanksgiving and I ate really bad the last week, so I will lose a minimum of 3lbs. I'll weigh in on Thursday
    2. Drink 8 cups of water
    3. Stay under 1600 cals and not eat back any exercise cals. Will allow 400 extra cals on 1 weekend day if I want it.

That's all I got right now! I'm sure there is more that I NEED to do :happy:
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    My goals...
    1. I would love to be down 100 pounds by December 31...that would be 100 pounds in 1 year. That would also mean I need to lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks...possibly very unrealistic, lol. The scale has been VERY naughty lately and is not doing what I want it to!!!!!!!
    2. To get in 5-6 workouts per week. I currently do approximately 30-45 mins of cardio and 45-60 mins of weights(circut-training).
    3. To stay away from the "dirty" treats and make "clean" ones instead so as not to make my family feel deprived.
    4. To drink a gallon of water each day.
    5. Limit "treat days" to one per week. By treat day I mean that I relax my eating somewhat but dont gorge myself. And I don't track my food.
    Good luck on meeting your goals.
  • thebratee1
    thebratee1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay, just got done shoveling peanut M&Ms in my mouth, so here goes:

I would really like to lose 5-10 pounds but I just cannot seem to get the scale to budge (hmmm, is it because of the M&M's?). I think I have the workout/exercise thing down so it must be the nutrition side of things. I've put the scale away because we have a love/hate relationship. I need to stay within my calorie range and go by how my clothes look and feel, not obsess and let my mood be dictated by what it says. My goals by the 31st would be to:

1. Eating clean more often.
    2. Able to control my eating habits on the weekends - not just mindless eating because hubby is home.
    3. Drinking more water.
    4. Be more content with how my body looks.

There is a great quote from one of Tosca Reno's books that goes something like this:

"Avoid obvious no-nos such as _________(you can enter whatever you like). These have no place in your plan. If you eating these foods, you are NOT serious about losing weight." I'm taping this to my computer and pantry door.

Ok, I've put away the M&Ms.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow these goals are very admirable! Here are mine, as of now:

1. Don't miss a single day of boot camp (Mon/Wed/Fri 6:30am)
    2. Eat enough calories!
    3. Do all of my Cathe step workouts at least once during the month (I am trying to get back to better coordination for these lol)
    4. Have one cheat meal per week so I don't feel deprived
    5. Lose 5 more pounds from 12/1 weight of 149.5 (that will give me a total lost of 65.5 lost for the year)

That's what I can think of for now. I may add as I think of them.

Great idea!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone!:drinker:

1. Watch my eating. This is a hard thing to do when you are traveling home to Mom's good food!
    2. Prep myself for starting my 3rd round of STS in the new year. Using STS Total Body, High Reps and Muscle Max to do this.
    3. Maintain/Don't Gain (If I actually lose weight during this time, that will be a bonus!)
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok here are mine.

1. lose 5lbs by 12/31, down one, four more to go.
    2.Continue to log food so I am mindful of what I am eating.
    3. Exercise 4-6 days week. Preferably 5 days a week.
    4. On non work days have 500 + calorie burns.

What day is official check in?
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow mine is to lose at least 2 pounds dang it!!
    I am going to not eat back my exercise calories if i can help it.
    I put it up to lose only 1/2 pound a week since any at the moment would be nice!!
    I am going to drink water.
    im going to try not to eat late i dont care if others say it is okay to do. Im gonna try not to eat past 8 at night to see if it helps at all.
    And that is it for now. oh of course exercise 6 times a week mostly latey i only get in 5. But going to try to go for 6 and i think that one extra day it is going to be total weight training not cardio. Wonder if this is going to help? hmmm
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Of course now that I pulled my hamstring and my back's out, some of my goals are out the window. :(:(
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about your back & hammie. :frown:
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Thanks Laurie. I'm just going to have to be really careful with eating. I'm hoping to resume upper body by Friday, but it will probably be next Friday 12/23 before I can really do a good workout. :(