Day 1

Options

Replies

• froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I completed W1. D1 on set 2. Hubby added an extra 6 to that for me so I did:

• sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Ok, that's just mean, but rock on, chic - you did it! :)
  • nursenelson
    Options
    Day 1 done :)
    Level 3 - the last set I pumped out 10 (it said try for at least 9)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Do we log here? Or just on our personal exercise logs? Either way did day 1. :)

I think you can do it however you feel like it ... the main point is to do it ... here we are just sharing our experience ... IMO

Merci!!!!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Day one completed. I made it to 6 on the last set when mine said at least 5. Wow. Really tough. Am I really going to be able to do 100? Kinda hard to believe. Haha.
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is DONE!!! SET 1: 6 SET 2: 6 SET 3: 4 SET 4: 4 SET 5: 10 =) I actually surprised myself. I will note I did knee push ups. At the end of this challenge I will start another challenge and do them military way.
  • sd101483
    Options
    Day 1 done :)
    Level 3 - the last set I pumped out 10 (it said try for at least 9)

WOOT! Way to go! I was only gonna do the recommended 9 but decided to really push myself - that's what it's all about, right? :glasses:
  • sd101483
    Options
    Kudos to everyone for getting in a kick *kitten* day 1!!!!!! How on earth I'll ever be able to do 100 is beyond me, but, here's to week 1, day 2 coming up!

Now, who's sore? I'm not too bad - yet, anyway - hard to differentiate what is turbo fire sore and what is push up sore and it may set in later. :)
  • froggzy1015
    Options

Ok, that's just mean, but rock on, chic - you did it! :)

I didn't read it before he started telling me how many to do. He says you have another set of 6 so I did it and I'm like man I thought there was 2 sets of 6. Still didn't look. I finished up and started to tell him what he needed to do and realized he added 6. I told him it wasn't fair and I was wondering why I was having trouble finishing the 5 at the end....oh well....at least I know I can do the extra if need be!!! Damn men and their half *kitten* reading skills, lol
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is DONE!!! SET 1: 6 SET 2: 6 SET 3: 4 SET 4: 4 SET 5: 10 =) I actually surprised myself. I will note I did knee push ups. At the end of this challenge I will start another challenge and do them military way.

rather than doing em on your knees you should do them on hands and feet but put your hands one a step, bench, wall, whatever so that your body is at an incline. It will make em more challenging and engage your core--knee push ups don't do much for core strength and you won't get better as quickly.

Great job on your sets!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I'd cut his *kitten* off for that :)
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Kudos to everyone for getting in a kick *kitten* day 1!!!!!! How on earth I'll ever be able to do 100 is beyond me, but, here's to week 1, day 2 coming up!

Now, who's sore? I'm not too bad - yet, anyway - hard to differentiate what is turbo fire sore and what is push up sore and it may set in later. :)

I'm sore ... but I also did NROLFW yesterday and increased my weight so the shoulder soreness may be attributed to that ... I'm not sure ... either way .. I am feeling it today.
  • edisonswifey
    Options
    I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the input & your support. :)
  • edisonswifey
    Options

rather than doing em on your knees you should do them on hands and feet but put your hands one a step, bench, wall, whatever so that your body is at an incline. It will make em more challenging and engage your core--knee push ups don't do much for core strength and you won't get better as quickly.

Great job on your sets!

Thanks for your input and support I'll give that a try tomorrow.
  • froggzy1015
    Options
    Proud of all you ladies rockin' the challenge!!!
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done (skipped to Week 3 as instructed):

Never thought I'd say I did 75 push ups in such a short period of time!

Mel
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is done and I am having a meltdown. I don't need to do girly pushups because I can do PLENTY of those. I need to do full. So, I'm on the bottom step, right? KILLING my wrists. Maybe I'll go to a higher step. Just give me some kind of feedback folks because I am RIPE to quit a challenge.

I'm on level 1 and did Day 1 in full wrist pain!
  • sd101483
    Options
    Day 1 is done and I am having a meltdown. I don't need to do girly pushups because I can do PLENTY of those. I need to do full. So, I'm on the bottom step, right? KILLING my wrists. Maybe I'll go to a higher step. Just give me some kind of feedback folks because I am RIPE to quit a challenge.

I'm on level 1 and did Day 1 in full wrist pain!
    Use a higher incline, see how that feels. Just do what YOU can do but keep going - that's the only way to build the strength! :)
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using fists instead of flat palms against the floor? That might help alleviate some of that wrist discomfort.

Mel
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 1 yesterday:

Total: 45

good form AND after a NROLFW work out that kicked my butt!