Saying Hello to tone up 1 :)

Options
amyB27
amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
Ok so this will be open until 12 noon EST tomorrow Tuesday the 6th. Please let me know if your in by commenting "in" below. If you'd like you can give your starting measurements but its not a have-to. :smile:

This round we will tone arms and for this week we will focus on triceps. You need to do 2 sets of 25 per arm of a tricep exercise. Here is one I like:

Lie on your back both arms down. Raise one arm straight up, palm facing in. Just moving your forearm, bend until fist is parralell to the ground. Keeping upper arm stationery extend arm back up. Do set then switch arms.

And please do use weights. Whatever weight is comfortable for you is fine as long as you use one. If you are really new to strength you can use the wrist weights that are like a pound each. :happy:

Do your exercise on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Monday. Each day log in here to let me know if you did it. I'll post results the next day!

Replies

• LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    In!! Let me see if I got this...you lay on your back, arms at your side. Raise arms strait up over your chest and bend arm at elbow till you make a 90 degree angle, then straiten back up... Just like a triceps curl but laying on the floor...? Do you use weights?
  • amyB27
    Options
    In!! Let me see if I got this...you lay on your back, arms at your side. Raise arms strait up over your chest and bend arm at elbow till you make a 90 degree angle, then straiten back up... Just like a triceps curl but laying on the floor...? Do you use weights?
    You got it! it can also be done on a bench. Yea use the weight you are comfortable with. I'm still using a 5lb weight. :)
  • amyB27
    Options

I fixeed my original post to include the weights lol.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    You got it! it can also be done on a bench. Yea use the weight you are comfortable with. I'm still using a 5lb weight. :)

oh and I recommend biggest loser weight loss yoga for arms...it is good for whole body really and it is somewhat easier on the body than other stuff and it is hard on your arms! Mine are weak little things and it works them GOOD! and all the muscles at once.
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I am in:)
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!!! Triceps are one of my biggest problem, especially since my wedding dress is strapless and the wedding is in June! These bat wings are NOT invited to my wedding!!! :D
  • amyB27
    Options
    Ok I'm still continuing this group even with the other post :) But I want to add that you should continue to do exercises that do work your whole or almost whole body along with these. :) Please feel free to share tips, sites, knowledge with all of us but please do so respectfully :). Also the tricep exerise I mentioned can be done on a bench or other similar surface that requires you to engage your core & glutes :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • snhatfield
    Options
    Count me in! I have been working out on and off and I'm just trying to get a good workout habit started back up and I can stay in for the long haul. It's nice to know other people are working on the same thing I am :) Let the workout fun begin!
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Totally in. My triceps are big :/ 11 1/2"
  • bfab1007
    Options
    I'm in...I need to get into the habit of working out!
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Im in, definitely up for the challenge. Gotta push myself to make my body change.
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in for this one. I won't be available next week though so I'll just continue doing this one until I can check in again. :)

My triceps are really bad so they could use the extra week. lol
  • smiles4support
    Options
    I'm in, I try to do weights a couple times a week, but some areas still need refined/defined!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! Totally IN ... and getting ready to start my Tricep exercises for the day :happy:
    I don't know my measurements but I'll try to get them to you later. Thx for setting up this group.
  • Robes
    Robes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I hate my floppy triceps. This sounds good to me.
  • amyB27
    Options
    I'm so glad to see so many willing to do this! I'm away from my pc @ the moment & dont do much on my phone with posting. When i get back in about 30 minutes I'll post a sumary of who's in & such. Sorry I'm behind today. received some very devestating news so I'm distracted but this will help me make it :).
  • amyB27
    Options
    I am trying to stay focused ladies. My mom has been battling stage 4 lung cancer since Feburary & we received very bad news today so to say the least I havent been "here". I am getting ready to do my moves though. Who else got both sets in? Comment here so I can post results tomorrow.
  • amyB27
    Options
    Check in 12/6

Did 2 sets of 25 reps on a bench of the exercise I described in my OP :)