Introductions!

Options
nina4w
nina4w Posts: 126 Member
My name is Chrissy. I love to write fiction, mainly science fiction and fantasy. However, I try to delve into as many genres as I can. I'm also trying my hand at literature.

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a published business writer and am working on my first novel. It's an urban fantasy.Looking forward to this group! :happy:
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Brittany. I mostly write fiction, a few poems when I have time. It's been my dream since I was 10 to be an author. But given the economy, I'm in school for history. As an Elvis fan, I'd love to write an Elvis biography.
  • nina4w
    Options
    @AshDHart: Welcome to the group! So, you've done nonfiction and you're working on fiction?

@brittanyscherich: Welcome to the group! Yes, this economy is tough. I've gone into a social work type field but writing is my true passion. I'm working on a couple of pieces to send out to publication. An Elvis biography sounds awesome!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've done professional writing, but I have ALWAYS loved to write. I love writing poetry, plays, etc. I would love to write children's reader books. I have a 5 year old daughter and I would love to do a little series about her adventures. Just have had the time, but maybe y'all can encourage me. :) Excited to be here!
  • nina4w
    Options
    @mamamc03: Welcome to the group! It's awesome that you've done professional writing and even more-so that you want to write children's books. I dearly encourage you to write one!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Great idea for a group!

Been writing as long as I can recall. I have a "real" job, but the calling never ceases. Over the years, a few works have been published (poem, essays, short story, weekly newspaper column, business articles, etc). In addition, I have a half-dozen novels in never-ending progress.

What I'd really love to do now is a screenplay! Movies are where the money is... not to be a sell-out. Really, though, if a piece can be put on the big screen that brings entertainment satisfaction in a visual story-telling way, I am okay with that.

Looking forward to knowing y'all :))
  • nina4w
    Options
    @paxetamore: The calling is strong and I love it! A screenplay sounds amazing and hey, if you can make money off of what you love to do, I say more power to you. Welcome to the group!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Russell from Cambridge, UK here.

I've never written formally/been published, but I'm told I have a likeable and humourous style (for examples, please see my blog at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/russelljclarke). I'm hopeful that joining this group, and receiving tips from those here that are already published, will aid me in my aspiration of changing career to one I have always desired.

Please message me if you like my writing, or have any tips that will help me get a job as a writer!

Many thanks
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I'm blunt. I love Jesus. Don't like it; don't add me. I'm an uber-nerd. Obviously. I use words like "uber" and "synopsis." I can also spell just about anything, and use semicolons correctly. I love my husband and daughter more than anything in this world. I can't imagine life without either of them...they ARE my world. You can't scare me; I'm a teacher. I teach Writing to rowdy, creative fourth graders. I'm a voracious reader, and a zumba fanatic. I like to try new crafty stuff. I paint things. I sew things. I never steal things. I don't speak when spoken to. I will probably say things that offend you, but I don't intend to. I am so far from perfect.

--DISCLAIMER:
    I don't accept friend requests from men. Nothing against you personally; I just think it's disrespectful to my husband, whom I love dearly! Unless of course, they are a friend in real life. I also don't accept friend requests without a message. If you added me, you've got a reason, so let me know. I'm not into friend collecting. If you're into drama, don't add me. If you are a habitual non-log-inner, I will delete you. I need real, not half-a-double-ed support.
  • nina4w
    Options
    @russelljclarke: Welcome! I'll definitely have to take a look at your blog. :D

@jennajava: Welcome to the group. =D Perhaps you can teach me how to use the semicolon. I always think I know how to use it but sometimes, I think I get it wrong, too.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Ryan. I write horror, dark fantasy, high fantasy and science fiction. I've also got a nasty habit of writing poetry that I swear one day I'll break. ;)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their journey!

Hi Ryan. I broke my poetry habit by getting married. :laugh: I found I only write it when I'm sad and lonely. Now I just focus on business writing and urban fantasy. Though, the other night, I was storytelling with my daughter and out popped something new. Not even sure what it would be genre wise right now. My daughter wants me to write a full novel with it and right now I'm leaning towards short story. I might do short and then flesh it to a full novel if the muse moves me.
  • Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm Ryan. I write horror, dark fantasy, high fantasy and science fiction. I've also got a nasty habit of writing poetry that I swear one day I'll break. ;)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their journey!

LOL This is pretty much what I write as well.

Hello! I'm Randi...and I write what Ryan writes--for the most part. (Although, I accept my poetry habit--though I write significantly less than I used to.) I have dabbled in other genres (not a literature writer), but the majority of what comes from my fingertips seems to be horror, fantasy and/or science fiction.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you!
  • nina4w
    Options
    Welcome everyone to the group! :)
  • MollyChicago
    MollyChicago Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to MFP and am just now discovering the groups. I'm a playwright. I like the idea of writers here supporting each other. Writers sometimes tend to be a sedentary bunch. Let's lose those pounds together and write that masterpiece!
  • debalina36
    debalina36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Debra and I am a screenwriter. I also have 3 books published but find that screenwriting is my passion. I attend the NJ Film School and love it! I've done online classes and have oodles of bookson the topic. I have many shorts written and listed on ikntip.com and an active member of MoviePoet.com a site for screenwriters where they have free monthly contests.

I wrote a short script about a woman battling an emotional eating disorder and perhaps will star in it and have it produced.
  • debalina36
    debalina36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to MFP and am just now discovering the groups. I'm a playwright. I like the idea of writers here supporting each other. Writers sometimes tend to be a sedentary bunch. Let's lose those pounds together and write that masterpiece!

A playwriter huh? Awesome! I'm a screenwriter!!
  • lovenhppnss
    lovenhppnss Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm pretty new to this site. My partner and I write urban fantasy and hope to complete our first full length manuscript soon. Glad to meet all of you. Also..feel Fred to friend me! I need all the support I can get in both areas!

Robyn
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sort of introduced myself on the other thread. I am a 45 yr. old writer - Calif.-born, but living in Norway these past 19 years. I publish mainly poetry, translations and essays, but am returning to writing for the stage now. Wrote a novel once, which only a consultant read before I stuffed it in an "old writing" folder on my computer. It is just not my genre, I'm afraid. I am working on some memoir texts that straddle poetry and prose now.

Last year I had a blog called running metaphors and I wrote a fragment of poetry every day on my morning run. I am currently editing that for publication.

Now it's dark when I run, and there not as much to observe. Looking for a new way to keep up the mindful running...

I juice :)
  • maryq5
    maryq5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a published romance writer and looking forward to losing weight, getting fit, and writing more!
  • fauxfatale
    fauxfatale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm an academic so I write non-fiction, a lot of articles but I have a book due in three months and I just can't. seem. to. get. my. act. together. Any good motivation?? Every time I write something this long, I dread the process of butt-in-seat to get it written.. but I'm past the point of procrastination.

I'm happy to see so many urban fantasy/paranormal writers here as I read a lot of that type of fiction, along with YA, dystopian & sci-fi (my favorite), and contemporary fiction. I just finished reading Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series which I enjoyed a lot.

I'm looking for new friends since I'm new to the site so will be adding some of you :)