• mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Starting at 212.5 today.

BMR 1930
  • joclougherty
    joclougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate the "maintenance" calories? I am sure that as I lose weight I will need to adjust that number.:)

MFP will calculate it for you. Just got to the MY HOME tab-->GOALS-->CHANGE GOALS-->GUIDED. Scroll down past your weight info and select SEDENTARY (or lightly active if you have a physical job, but don't take exercise into consideration, only your daily routine)
    Then set it to do zero exercise and zero calories and then lastly on the drop down tell it to "MAINTAIN CURRENT WEIGHT" instead of Lose 1 pound a week, etc. Click done and you're good to go.
    Re-calculate about every 5-10 pounds both your maintenance number and your BMR for the best results...or as you drop you will be eating too much.

I didn't realise we were supposed to select zero exercise and zero calories, that doesn't make any difference does it? As long as the daily goal is our maintenance? Confused!
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise we were supposed to select zero exercise and zero calories, that doesn't make any difference does it? As long as the daily goal is our maintenance? Confused!

It's my understanding that the exercise goals have no impact on anything. I don't even know why they put that there. Just set calories to maintenance and forget the rest.
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm officially starting the Olivia method today. My weight this morning was 150.1. I'm 5'2" and my ultimate goal is to be between 125-130. I have been stuck between 150 and 154 since October 22 when I started MFP. Something clearly isn't working, so I'm going to give this a try.

I'm confident it will work!!

Have a great day everyone :)
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started the Olivia method on Sunday and it looks like I've gained a pound but I'm going to keep at it for a couple weeks and see what happens. I only have a little over 10 pounds to go and this is where I had problems last time I lost weight so I'm willing to give this a good try. This time of year makes it harder too for sure. My deficit has averaged 500 so I'm hoping to be down a pound by the end of the week.
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I started the "Olivia method" on Monday weighing 170.4. I am excited to try this since I have been on a plateau losing and gaining the same 1-2 pounds for the last month or so.
    My BMR is 1416 and my maintenance is 1770. My ultimate goal is to lose 30 more pounds.
    The problem I'm having now is that I find it hard to eat 1416 calories every day. I've had my goal set to 1200 for a long time. I exercise 6 days a week and burn about 200-400 calories each time.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are my weigh in days and since being on this program for a week I dropped 1.4 lbs, which is exactly what my deficit was, so it's nice to see the green and know where you want to go!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I weigh on Thursdays and Sundays. Last Thursday, my weight was 273.6 and that is the day I started "The Olivia Method". Sunday I weighed in at 273.0, and today I weighed in at 271.6. So I lost 2 pounds in one week. Part of it is due to me cutting out sweets since Sunday, but I think this method has helped too.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2.5 pounds as of Dec. 10th woohoo!!
  • nursenelson
    Options
    I've been doing the Olivia Method for just about 2 weeks.
    I'm sad to say I've only lost about .6lbs in this time.
    Last week .4
    This week .2
    I'm going to try it for one more week and see - I'm also going to look at it again, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    I really really want this to work so I'm not giving up yet.
    Good luck to all for this up coming week!
    Heather
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Week 2 for me, and I'm just thrilled with a -1.4/lb loss both weeks!!

-3 lbs in 2 weeks is welcome anytime around here!!
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    looking forward to weighing in in the morning (I'm logging Mondays as my official day). Are we starting a new thread for this week's weigh ins, Olivia?
  • nursenelson
    Options
    Ok I read and reread the Rules again.
    Please tell me if I have done this correctly....
    my weight is 170.2
    BMR 1479
    BMR x 1.3 = 1922 (light activity)
    Have it set to "Maintain Cureent Weight"
    So I went into Goals and customized my Daily Net calories to 1922 as my maintence
    I subracted 1479 from 1922 for 557 calories.
    If I go over 557 calories from exercise I eat those back...
    so say if I exercised and burned 889 calories...
    889-557=332
    1479+332=1811
    What will my deficit be?
    I want to try to stick to around 1000 remaining a day for a 2 lb weight loss....so are my calculations correct?
    And I do change my Daily Net Calories to 1922 or do I leave it at MFP's calculations of 2000?

(I think I've been doing this right since I started 2 weeks ago but the only thing I didnt change was the Daily Net Calories - it was swt for MFP's maintenance of 2000. And I have been able to keep a daily deficit of 1000 each day this week except one so I was sort of dissapointed when I only lost .2)

Help please and thank you :)
    Heather
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Started at 212.5..am at 213. will keep this method going. did lose 1/2 in in waist. Seems im stuck in 214-211 land after starting at 224.5 in Sept. I did start lift past month (where my weight has stuck for now..for now..)
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Ok I read and reread the Rules again.
    Please tell me if I have done this correctly....
    my weight is 170.2
    BMR 1479
    BMR x 1.3 = 1922 (light activity)
    Have it set to "Maintain Cureent Weight"
    So I went into Goals and customized my Daily Net calories to 1922 as my maintence
    I subracted 1479 from 1922 for 557 calories.
    If I go over 557 calories from exercise I eat those back...
    so say if I exercised and burned 889 calories...
    889-557=332
    1479+332=1811
    What will my deficit be?
    I want to try to stick to around 1000 remaining a day for a 2 lb weight loss....so are my calculations correct?
    And I do change my Daily Net Calories to 1922 or do I leave it at MFP's calculations of 2000?

(I think I've been doing this right since I started 2 weeks ago but the only thing I didnt change was the Daily Net Calories - it was swt for MFP's maintenance of 2000. And I have been able to keep a daily deficit of 1000 each day this week except one so I was sort of dissapointed when I only lost .2)

Help please and thank you :)
    Heather

For your example, you would eat 1,811 and your deficit would be 1,000.

Goal: 1922
    BMR: 1479
    Food: 1811
    Burn: 889
    Deficit: 1000

If you burn more than 557, add your goal (1922) to your burn (889) and subtract the deficit you are going for (1000). This gives you how much to eat -- 1922 + 889 = 2811 - 1000 = 1811.
  • lena32
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you, I'm 172 and did the Body Makeover earlier this year, I was at 166 gain the weight back now it is hard to get back off. I mean a challenge. I just started the Oliva Method and like it but was stuck eating 1200 calories so now I'm like what to eat. I see the technique is to eat more and exercise more. I like that, I try to exercise every chance I get.

Good Luck:happy: