Does anyone else have this struggle?

Options
My weight has creeped and creeped until I am now a good 70 lbs over what would be my "goal weight" based on the Weight Watcher charts (the only diet / weight charts) I have any experience with. I have had BED for over 10 years. My BED started due to many factors but it was immediately following a 30+ lb weight loss with the WW program. Ever since then I have not been able to successfully follow any diet. Tracking food, tracking calories, tracking water intake.....all of it is a serious trigger for me. I don't know what to do. In order to lose weight you have to "restrict" on some level but any restriction, ANY, for me is a huge trigger. How am I ever going to lose any weight when the very thing necessary results in massive calorie intake???? I have been through lots of counseling but nothing has ever really "fixed" me. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I was doin alright for a couple of mos and lost my first 21lbs...

The last couple weeks it seems like no matter what I do, I binge....
    and its caused me to gain like 4lbs back.

I have come down to the point to where I dont even log what im binging on... like out of sight out of mind I guess....

I thought being able to count my calories would help me gain some sort of self control, but like you, its only seemed to help me hide it but continue to wanna do it more.

I dont know what to do about it either.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. :/ Except I have close to 100 lbs to lose.

The only advice I can give (and what I'm trying to follow) is to fight it one binge at a time. And just keep at it. It's going to be hard and you're going to have setbacks (don't be all!) but if you keep working hard it WILL happen. And you WILL overcome this. I believe this!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Shannon,

My advice would be to stop worrying about the numbers (on the scale, calories, sizes, etc), and instead just focus on eating healthy. Once you have a good diet worked out, one with nutritious and filling foods (and the occassional indulgence), then start adding exercise, and the weight will come off naturally. This way, instead of being crazy about all the numbers of it, you can really concentrate on finding what works for you. Once that is under control, I think it might be easier to see "dieting" as positive changes, rather than just impossible restrictions.

Just my opinion, but it is how I got started. Hope this helps!

P.S. DON'T beat yourself up if you have an off day! Just start again the next, taking it one day at a time. Good luck! =)
  • Romy251
    Options
    Very good advice right there!! ^^^