Challenge #7 for Wed.7th

Options
mrschappet
mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
Tomorrows challenge is as follows

start with 30 seconds of butt kicks and 20 jumping jacks

40 wide-stance squats.. try to add some weight this time so grab those dumbbells hold em' on your shoulders and drop it like its hot.. make sure you squeeze your tush and hold for a beat at the top :-)

30 per leg -single leg side step-ups - grab a sturdy chair for this. starting with your right foot on the chair step up to get your left foot on the chair and then step down with the left foot repeat this 10 times for the right leg, then switch legs and step up 10 times .. then switch and repeat until you get to 30 for each leg. ( this is great for your butt and can be performed with dumbbells held at your sides for an extra challenge) see the link below for instructional video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGXD-njPL8

20 side lunges with bicep curls ( lunge to right curl both arms, then lunge to the left curl both arms... that counts as 1 rep) do 10 lunges and rest for no more than 5 seconds if you need to, then continue and do 10 more. see instructional video below for form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFj6Y6G_eU

do 30 seconds of butt kicks

then it take it to upper body

(30 crunches, 30 dips on chair)

Here's how.... do 5 crunches, jump up and using your chair do 5 dips and repeat see video below for dips form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstQvwwV1VE

finish off by holding a side plank for 30 seconds, switch to the other side and hold plank for 30 seconds

*** drink 1-2 liters of water 3 fruits 4 veggies***

Good luck and don't forget to post when you have completed this challenge, and feel free to give your feedback :-) I'm new to posting workouts....any constructive criticism is welcome as I hope to become a personal trainer in the next couple years :-) Let me know if there is something you would like to see put on for the next challenge... or taken off LOL . Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    wow...i jus joine group yday and i like this challenge for today :-) will get it in after work..4sho
  • janet0101
    janet0101 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished...definitely feeling it! I like having something extra to add to the end of my Firm Express workout. Will be working throughout the day on the food and water.
  • mrschappet
    Options
    Just finished...definitely feeling it! I like having something extra to add to the end of my Firm Express workout. Will be working throughout the day on the food and water.

YAY \o/ great work and I'm am so glad you are feeling it .. no pain no gain right!?! :-) Now drink lots of water and enjoy your day!
  • S2012
    S2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did the exercise first thing this morning and I have been working on the food.

Fruit: clementine, green grapes, and olives

Veggies: spinach

I have a stir fry of carrots, broccoli, and zucchini packed for dinner tonight (I work evenings on Wednesday)

As for feedback, I loved the exercises this morning and am pretty sore from the side lunges. I would like to see some emphasis on whole grains when it comes to food. It seems to always be fruit and veggies. I also think a "break" day that includes stretching would be good since we are technically supposed to rest so our muscles can heal. Otherwise, this is awesome, keeps me motivated, and I am having fun and holding myself accountable.
  • mrschappet
    Options
    Did the exercise first thing this morning and I have been working on the food.

Fruit: clementine, green grapes, and olives

Veggies: spinach

I have a stir fry of carrots, broccoli, and zucchini packed for dinner tonight (I work evenings on Wednesday)

As for feedback, I loved the exercises this morning and am pretty sore from the side lunges. I would like to see some emphasis on whole grains when it comes to food. It seems to always be fruit and veggies. I also think a "break" day that includes stretching would be good since we are technically supposed to rest so our muscles can heal. Otherwise, this is awesome, keeps me motivated, and I am having fun and holding myself accountable.

Great feedback and I was actually going to designate tomorrow as a rest day :-) but I think making it a stretch day is an even better idea :-) I will come up with a good stretch routine and post it tonight. and I will try to mix up the food goals as well. Thanks again and great job finishing todays challenge :-)
  • mrschappet
    Options
    Just finished todays challenge and boy am I ready to tomorrow's rest day!!! :-) hope you are all feeling the burn too!