New years eve

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
Ok so I know all of us are starting to think about it. What are all the single peeps doing about new years eve. It's my first single one since high school. I know there will be plenty of drinking and hanging out but what about when Midnight hits. *Sigh* Just wondered what everyone else was doing about this :drinker:

Replies

• JThomas61
    Options
    I am going to spend it with the most beautiful woman in the world, my daughter. She will be moving to Lubbock on New Year's day to start her new job, so I will be staying in.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I haven't a clue...but I know I won't have a date for that night. :laugh:

Next year this time...I hope things are different in the single department. Boo yah!
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No idea. I am not looking forward to it.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I believe I am going out with friends, who unfortunately are all paired up. Oh well, I can be the hot single one of the group. ;)
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    sigh...probably babysitting for people who have more active social lives than I do. Oh well, at least I can make some money.
  • madameduffay
    Options
    sigh...probably babysitting for people who have more active social lives than I do. Oh well, at least I can make some money.

Charge double : )
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sitting with good friends back home, watching the fire work display and getting pissed most likely... secretly still wishing there would be this one bloke.... lol and probably ending up being so pissed that I might send a rather rude new years message lolz
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing :(
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing :(

Yep, those're pretty much my plans too... :(
  • madameduffay
    Options
    If only we could all meet up. We could help each other drink within our calorie limit and drink a toast to our 2012 hot new bods.
  • gmann1973
    Options
    It dobble trouble 4 me New Years and my B-Day:ohwell:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't have any plans. Probably nothing! :(
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I am going to spend it with the most beautiful woman in the world, my daughter. She will be moving to Lubbock on New Year's day to start her new job, so I will be staying in.
    That is super sweet.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It dobble trouble 4 me New Years and my B-Day:ohwell:
    Ohhh....that means you get the bday presents nobody wanted for Xmas. But it's all good.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nothing! All of my New Years' have been with friends or babysitting, never had a someone special for that time. I don't really mind :)
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm going to spend it at my best friends house with her and her 2 little boys. I chose to stay in because I hate crowds and don't want to deal with all the craziness and not because I'm single. This is the same thing I did last year and I had an amazing time drinking wine, playing on the Wii and playing Scrabble =)
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My kids are with their dad New Year's, so I am making the most of my time off and heading to a New Year's party at a hot new restaurant with two girlfriend's and their respective others. Ya, so I'll be the odd man out, but I'm dressing up and am going to look smoking hot and who knows what will happen! I'm super excited!
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Usually my couple friends and those of us that are left single all hang out together- go to a house party, go to dinner etc etc. This year looks like a house party. Really not looking forward to it though
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just got my first invite to a couples thing from one of my favorite friends. He offered to pair me up with one of his girlfriend's female friends (which would be awkward even if I were gay) to split the cost, etc. but I passed. It's too much money for a girl date. I normally don't care about New Year's but I'm kind of bummed to miss out on all the fun with that group. They're always a blast.

But hey, I could end up with a boyfriend in the next 2.5 weeks. Why not?
  • Jen_Ohara
    Options
    I am going to be with my old friend from high school. Last time we started a new tradition taking a shot from the tree. Her Christmas tree is alcohol and sports theme and we take one of the little bottles off the tree and do a shot.