Day 32 Challenge! (Friday)

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Hey there CAD'ers! Fantastic job with the water yesterday!

Today's challenge:
I'm liking this water theme, so today we are going to be more conscious about our water use. Turn off the faucet while you're brushing your teeth. Shorten your shower. Use the dish washer instead of washing by hand, and wait until it's full to run it. Fresh usable water is quickly becoming scarce, and our generation needs to do something about it. We truly take water for granted, and we need to be more conscious of how much we truly use before it's too late.
Make a great day MFP!

Replies

• yadicarter
    Options
    Will do =) Already turn off the water when I brush, but will try to take a shorter shower...that's my downfall LoL
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    A very considerate challenge.
    My kids are in the shower for ages and we just have one bathroom.
    I think I'll remind them all too (again).
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I'm in... wish I had a dish washer but I have to do it by hand. As I say... "I AM the dish washer" lol
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to do the dishwater one but I will do the rest. Thanx these are awesome!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've been saying this for years! Water is going to be an issue in the future. I totally got this one.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm in... wish I had a dish washer but I have to do it by hand. As I say... "I AM the dish washer" lol

Me, too. Should be an easy challenge.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Excellent challenge! Waiting until after dinner to run dishwasher, which is hard for me -- because I run that thing all the time!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I always do the dishes by hand (no dish washer here) so I filled up the sink with less water than usual, and turned the tap off between rinsing.
    Will also try to shorten my shower to less than 20 minutes (usual is 30+ minutes, YIKES.)

I will definitely try to think of other ways to conserve water use throughout the day.
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ok I got this one...I put everything in the dishwasher and will set the timer for 3 minutes to take my shower..I do not usually use a timer but will today!

Thanks for this wonderful challenges =)
    Denise