Questions - Calorie Burn and Moving on to Level 2

Options
RFrick
RFrick Posts: 408 Member
OK. A couple of questions here....

I am on day 8 level 1 and am still stuck on pretty much all modified moves. Is it really stupid to try moving on to level two in a couple days or should I just stick with level 1 until I completly master it? (I'm getting a little bored even though it is still very very hard for me.) I am 5' 4" and weigh 245 so I am quite overweight and obviously very out of shape.

My other question is about calorie burn... I'm getting a little nervous when I don't see anyone on here burning much over 300 calories. I have a HRM and it says that I burn 550 - 625 calories usually. Did I set my HRM wrong or is it just because I am heavier and more out of shape than most people doing this program? I did type in to MPF and see what my calorie burn for Circuit Training would be and it gave me a 400 calorie burn.

Thanks for any answers you can give me!!!

Replies

• brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i say if you are feeling bored go ahead and change it to level two and if that is just too hard go back to level one and switch them up day to day.

That's a problem for me with dvds too, i get bored easily,for this one i just crank up the music on my computer and force myself to do it.

Regarding your heart monitor i say every 5 minutes check and see how high you heart rate is? Then compare it to your other exercises. If your heart rate is the same and it gives you the same calorie burn then nothing is wrong. If you need to, go back and reenter your weight, height and age in the heart monitor and take another look at the manual.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I am 5'4" 150 lbs and my HRM shows me burning 350-380 calories. That fact that you are bored, you could move on to level 2 and if you want to switch back and forth from level 1 and level 2. I moved to level 2 on day 5 and had not mastered all of level 1 but was feeling really good about it and was bored. Hope this is helpful. :smile:
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    No help on the calorie burn, don't use a hrm here. I tried Level2 yesterday, for variety. Go for it!
  • starshine420
    Options
    You're HRM is probably more accurate but I would check the settings just to be safe. But yes, I did notice heavier people burn way more calories. As for moving on, JM says when you're ready to move onto level 2 so I would say go ahead but listen to you're body. Obviously some pain and soreness is expected but you don't want to strain too hard. Good luck.