Greetings - I'm new

Hi all,

I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I'm Jenn and I have gained 15 pounds in 3 months. I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I have been eating too much, but I really did not think it was enough to put on this much weight. I feel bloated and fat all the time. I'm looking forward to supporting one another and hopefully getting a grip on my emotional eating.

Replies

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Hi all,

I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I'm Jenn and I have gained 15 pounds in 3 months. I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I have been eating too much, but I really did not think it was enough to put on this much weight. I feel bloated and fat all the time. I'm looking forward to supporting one another and hopefully getting a grip on my emotional eating.

thanx for joining us!
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    I'm new too and I was glad to find this group because the only way for me to make my weight loss stick is to address my emotional eating. I began binging lately and I realized I was stuffing my feelings. Now that I am aware of this I am beginning to address my habits.
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 112 Member
    I'm new too (to the forums, I've been using the app on my phone for about 2 weeks now) and I have always been an emotional eater! I'd love for people to add me. :>
  • i have joint mfp today and hope that joining groups will help me with motivation and times when i want to eat comfort food but know that i shouldn't
  • mizz333
    mizz333 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Miriam.. and am also new. :) Looks like we have our own group of newly joined people here.
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Welcome everyone :) I'm an emotional eater as well, sometimes bingeing, sometimes just over eating, sometimes not eating enough. I've loved all the support I've found on this site, and have found that when I've binged, and avoided the site for a day or two, I come back on, and see all the support I have and find my way out. Earlier today, I totally felt beat, but I've been online, reading and responding to posts, and feel sooooo much better!! I can do this, and so can you guys!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • elizabethrose7
    elizabethrose7 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey everybody, I'm new too! My emotional eating caused a 50 lb weight gain over the course of about 2 years and I'm still working to get back to where I was. Same old demons though. Here's hoping this group will help me make the changes I need! :flowerforyou:
  • I sound very similar Elizabethrose.

I need to loose at least 42lbs to be anywhere near where I was!
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    I've been on MFP for 50 days as of today! Thought I had things under control finally, but I do not. I have always been an emotional eater and reverted back again last night... Stress, conflict, loneliness, all tend to contribute to this running to food for instant relief, which it never really is! I realized I need more support for this type of thing. I have 100 lbs. exactly now to lose, have lost 11 so far. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated, new to this whole group thing! Thanks! ~Theresa
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    hello and welcome
  • jenharrio
    jenharrio Posts: 21 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer, I'm 33 years old (duh, my profile says that heeheee) ;D. I just joined this group today, but have been an MFP member since April 2011. I joined the military soon after graduating high school (I must admit I was in the best shape of my life). It all kinda went downhill after I got out lol. I recently finished my B.A. in Theater Arts with a minor in business. I'm out in the job market and as a matter of fact, I'll be spending the first week of 2012 in airports and job interviews. I'm hoping this will be a good year for me and to get back into the shape I was in a few years back. . It's nice to meet everyone and feel free to add me :)
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Hi everyone! I just found this group and I'm so glad I did. I'm a huge emotional eater...especially when I'm bored. Most of the time I have a problem on workday afternoons. I hope to find support here and be able to help support others....so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm really trying to get back on track after the holidays...and I really want to work on not eating when I'm bored so I'm glad to be here! :smile:
  • Hi there! I'm Doga from Turkey, and having MS. I gained 7kg within 3 months. I eat whenever I feel stressed even though I feel full :( I can't sleep at night, I had to study till late hours. So, I'm tottaly messed up with everything! I hope to take control my eating habbits again :)