Is there an alternative tracking setting for low-carb dieter

Options
It seems like this site only has tracking for calories. I am not counting calories, just carbs. This is what Atkins suggests, and has proven to be really effective. It would be nice if they could have a setting to change the 'Daily Summary Goal' on the home page to a carbohydrate goal instead of a calorie goal. Once your body stops using sugars for energy and begins to use fat, calories are really not all that important.

Replies

• bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can change the settings in here............go to settings-goals-change-custom...........there you can change whatever you want! Then Save............VIOLA........all changed
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can change the settings in here............go to settings-goals-change-custom...........there you can change whatever you want! Then Save............VIOLA........all changed

Absolutely! I made the change the minute I signed up to use MFP.

For me though, I have to monitor calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein so my doctor can monitor things....
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'd like to change my goals but have no idea what to change them to! What amount of carbs do you suggest?
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'd like to change my goals but have no idea what to change them to! What amount of carbs do you suggest?

I think this depends on what lifestyle you're on. On Atkins, personally I go with 5% carbs, 35% protein, 60% fat.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I think this depends on what lifestyle you're on. On Atkins, personally I go with 5% carbs, 35% protein, 60% fat.

I'm just eating real food, it doesn't have a name!

So today was my first low carb day and I am miles under my calories, while not at all hungry. I don't know how to boost protein intake as a vegetarian, low-carber that doesn't involve protein powder (will not go there!)