Keeping Up The Good Work

Options
Okay, so back in June I started this journey. I told myself I was going to lose weight, I was going to be more active, and I was going to feel better about myself. Here I am between holidays and I am more frustrated than I have ever been. I hit a plateu back in October, and have been the same weight since. I don't feel good about myself, I'm always stressing over the numbers on the scale, I've beaten myself down to the point of no return. I'm starting to even wonder if all this work I've done was good. I get down in the dumps and fill up on junk. I'm really thinking I should just stop.

Has anyone ever been there? How do you get past it? What did you do to motivate yourself again? I really want to lose this weight and keep it off. I really want to feel good about myself for once. But for now I feel totally defeated. Please help!

Malena

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Okay, so back in June I started this journey. I told myself I was going to lose weight, I was going to be more active, and I was going to feel better about myself. Here I am between holidays and I am more frustrated than I have ever been. I hit a plateu back in October, and have been the same weight since. I don't feel good about myself, I'm always stressing over the numbers on the scale, I've beaten myself down to the point of no return. I'm starting to even wonder if all this work I've done was good. I get down in the dumps and fill up on junk. I'm really thinking I should just stop.

Has anyone ever been there? How do you get past it? What did you do to motivate yourself again? I really want to lose this weight and keep it off. I really want to feel good about myself for once. But for now I feel totally defeated. Please help!

Malena

Absolutely. Low carb can be tricky, especially during the holidays. Stress plays a factor too, so its possible that you're sabotaging yourself a little bit there. Don't worry about the scale. Weigh yourself once a week. Put it away so you don't see it. Low carb diets, especially atkins, will often have weight losses in spurts.

But that being said, check over what you're eating and the exercise you're doing. Have you been doing the same type of exercise for months? Change it. Your body gets used to things after a while. Are you on Atkins? Working the carb ladder? Check what carbs you're taking in since October. Are you using Atkins products(bars, shakes)? If so, cut those out. Also consider decreasing cheeses and nuts and see how that helps things

Sometimes you just have to pull out that inner drill sergeant and make yourself get going again. Consider a new challenge and remember how far you've come. 27lb is nothing to sneeze at :)