most beautiful game ever played?

Options

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Havent played Skyrim yet, but I really love Oblivions scenery. >.< Maybe because I have a really weird fantasy where I live in a cabin by the beach and write books by candlelight, whilst having a feast of food sitting upon my table...and then I ride my horse out to go fishing and stuff...by candlelight...
  • david581c
    Options
    Jeez, the last time I played FF was ...IV?

maybe I should give it a glance.

the 2nd poster is right to a certain extent, if you're a super nerd like me and look at the closeups of **** no one cares about, you'll see what we're talking about.

I gotta check out FF though.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Battlefield 3

Skyrim has horrible textures.

modded, it beats everything...nothing comes close!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Finally just got around to cleaning out some crap I had transferred to this computer when I got it and came across these. It may not be the *most* beautiful game out there, but it's pretty darn beautiful...

screenshot00032pv.jpg

ambush1.jpg

ScreenShot00005.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I do love looking around on Skyrim and plan to mod it to look better.

Crysis is gorgeous on those beaches with the higher settings.

STALKER series is a wasteland, and needs a good computer to run at higher settings, but it has a great sky and lighting. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, especially.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    No question - Okami. Loved the art style.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    KATAMARI

ok its not amazing graphics BUT the whole series is so colorful I almost puke rainbows
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It has to be Syberia 1 & 2 for me!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Alice: Madness Returns. I want to paint my room with the freaking landscape...the pretty one, not the deadly one, lol.

Heavenly Sword

Okami

Katamari

Ar Tonelico (hahaha...guilty...)

Dead Island (hey, i have an unhealthy appreciation for gore!!!!)
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    any game by Squarenix!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    No question - Okami. Loved the art style.

I adored this game for its uniqueness and artwork. You almost never hear about it, though. I loved playing it. I lost whole days to it back then. I'd highly recommend it if you have a PS2. I was so mad when I found out PS2 games wouldn't work on PS3. :cry:

I'm torn on Skyrim. You can mod it to get those hi-res textures. But honestly, for a 5G game, it's not bad at all. Oblivion was such a computer hog at the time. I kind of like that they chose a different route for Skyrim.

And I don't know if this is the most beautiful game, but I loved the unique Art Deco style of Bioshock.

Shadow of the Colossus had a nifty art style to it too.
  • Hambone23
    Options
    Ugh. Double post. Sorry.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    For it's time, I'm gonna give 'Okami' a shout.

Battlefield 3 also.

Also don't laugh at me.. but I loved the graphics to 'Flower'.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Skyrim, just for the scenery.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the one game that always stands out for me for its simplicity and beauty is "Shadows of the Colossus" for the PS2. Open landscape, but gorgeous -- especially considering that this was the PS2, not the PS3. It had a beautiful musical score and storyline, too.

And that I LOVED that the game itself was just one boss fight after another. :bigsmile:
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lineage 2. The game had beautiful artwork and graphics. It's a super grind though, and from what I've noticed not a lot of english players. Rift and Aion were contenders as well, but L2 wins for me hands down.
  • Hambone23
    Options
    Valkyrie Profile made my jaw drop. :)

I thought this was fantastic looking too. They even made an anime about it! Or maybe it was the anime, then the game. Either way. Great art in that game.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The game that really made me comment on graphics.. was Batman: Arkham Asylum.. The way batman's cloak would become slowly tattered throughout the story.. It was just awesome..
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fable. There's just something beautiful about being able to beat up Beardy Baldy for an unlimited amount of time. :laugh:
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Shadow of the colossus, what a beautiful game :'(