Do yourself a favor and log the bad and the good.

Options
I've noticed a few people not logging "bad" meals or days. I've been tempted to do this too, but it's a slippery slope. The accountability factor of this site isn't there if you say **** it and not log slips. I know it's impossible to perfectly log all homemade holiday meals, but most can do better than zero calories consumed. If you don't think it'll be a problem for you, go for it. For me, I have to write it down if I eat it. That's my L&O tough love for the week... Happy dieting!

Replies

• Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    But I really have cut down on my wine consumption! I don't even have any in the house :( I am not a snacker, I don't like to eat before I go to bed and I don't have a sweet tooth. You're right, really.
  • Bob_III
    Options
    Lol, Jan. If anything, you aren't eating enough.(or drinking enough wine)... :smile:
  • morganalefay66
    morganalefay66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not "dieting." I'm treating this site as a way to learn how to eat healthier in a sustainable manner, exercise more on a regular basis and lose weight in the process, while enjoying everything I like to eat in moderation. So I log everything, even the cinnamon on my oatmeal, and difficult things like that pre-Hannukah dinner. Even if I have to estimate the calorie count, I'm going to log it, because that gives me a better sense of what I'm actually eating.
  • smarterblonde
    smarterblonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh shut up, Bob.

:flowerforyou:
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    Logging the good, the bad and the ugly is the best way to go. It's best to be honest with ourselves or we'll never see the outcomes we want. Even a terrible guess at the calorie content is better than no guess. Sometimes though, life interferes and a day gets missed. It's not the end of the world. Just get back on the horse and carry on.
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Like Morgana, I don't believe in dieting. It is an eye opener. I usually eat the crusts from my kids' sandwiches but the only reason I haven't lately is I am too lazy to estimate the calorie count.
  • cris00
    cris00 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am with Morgana too. I logged the Girardelli squares that some unscrupulous colleague dumped in the kitchen at work. Yummy, thanks. I guess.
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been logging everything and if I can't find the exact item in the database, I can usually find something similar to give me an estimate.
  • Supersono99
    Supersono99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've put in some very ugly, embarrassing days. I would've thought it would have deterred me from continuing to eat. It didn't.
  • IronDeli
    Options
    Well, you all know I aint cheatin'! Every day is an ugly day for me. This site has been quite the eye opener as to how much crap I eat, and it's making me try to behave and eat a little bit better (however, I may be failing at this). I will admit it was quite a success that I didn't eat that entire pizza Saturday night. :tongue:
  • paulski66
    paulski66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to meet chicks... :beer:
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but when I don't log it's got nothing to do with anything I have or haven't eaten and everything to do with how busy I am. A single mom with two jobs already and I'm setting up my own business as well, so there are plenty of days were time just gets away from me. Food really isn't an issue for me (although I could stand to eat a few more vegetables) and I'm using this more as a tool to balance out my food and exercise.
  • carrascoshannon
    Options
    I don't think there's a bite I've consumed in the past couple of weeks that I have not logged on here. Admittedly, I'm a little embarrassed by some of the stuff I have logged.

I'm also embarrassed for some of you (ahem...IronDeli...ahem) :tongue:
  • TeriSue88
    Options
    I've also tried to be extra careful to log all the crap I eat...i.e. starburst, jolly ranchers, chips, soda, cookies....if I didn't I wouldn't have much in my diary. LOL
  • smarterblonde
    smarterblonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to meet chicks... :beer:

:drinker: