Introductions (I think it's a good idea!)

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
My name is Karen
I have been a member of MFP Since September 2010.
I hit my goal weight of 140lbs in Early February 2011
I am currently finishing my 3rd round of P90X

I am NOT a beachbody coach but fully endorse this product and the supplements they sell. The Results and Recovery drink is really great and gives your body what it needs.

I do endorse Elaine as a Beachbody coach. Not only is she a coach but she does all the programs.

My fitness goals in 2012 are to get rid of the excess body fat and get leaner and stronger.

Who are YOU and what are you about?

Replies

• ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My name is Emmy, I started on MFP in August 2010 to lose the rest of the baby weight, I had my daughter in May 2010 and was back to pre-baby weight by Oct/Nov 2010 (Thank you MFP and P90X!) :)
    I have done two rounds of P90X, in my 7th week of a third round right now.

I am a runner, but my goals are to focus more on lifting, building muscle and losing more body fat. I have always slacked in upper body strength and lifting weights so that is my focus. I will always be a cardio junkie at heart, though!

Cannot wait to start this new program, I am enjoying this round of the X, but ready for the sequel!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    :wink: I'm Elaine. I've been active on MFP for a little over a year now. My husband and I started P90X as our first true Beachbody program. I think we've done six rounds now. We've completed it as part of a hybrid with Insanity twice and have done Insanity by itself twice. I love the programs. They've really helped me get out into the world to see that active people are out doing things all the time.

I'm looking forward to X2. Unlike you Emmy, I've never been a cardio junkie. I've always loved lifting weights.

Still working on my 2012 vision board. My 2012 goals are to complete P90X2 (probably twice), drop more bodyfat, do more 5K races, do the Warrior Dash in March, read four classic books, and just generally fight against my 40's.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm Stephen. In the past I've done a few rounds of P90X. This time I've been doing a mix of P90X and Insanity as well as tracking my nutrition here. This has been the fastest and most effective route so far. Looking back, my weight was at 186 probably earlier in the summer. I'm now at 165. I'm happy with my results. Abs are starting to come out and take a peak. People have been giving me all sorts of nice compliments so that feels good. This past summer I did my first triathalon (sprint distance) and I've done a couple Warrior Dashes as well, which were a blast.

My P90X2 is supposed to arrive next Tuesday and I'm very excited to start that. So...hi!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Regina - I haven't been as active on MFP as I would have liked to be recently... and that is going to change!! My husband and I workout together mostly and we do it whenever we can fit it in he is super supportive! I'm a big fan of all the beach body products I've completed P90, Slim in 6, and I have done the workouts from Insanity (but didn't follow the program, just did some of the workouts) and we've done 3 rounds of P90X! Everything I've used from them has been great I'm excited to start something new! And of course... my husband will be joining me in our P90X 2 adventure!!

I'm not really sure what my goals are.... I think my big goal is just to get through it! Other goals for the year are to run a couple 5Ks (and decrease my time)... and then a 5 mile race next fall. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and I can't wait to start! Got my package in the mail today! :smile:
  • bmhatcher
    Options
    My name is Barb, but I go by Gidge.
    I have done several rounds of P90X and lost 30 lbs with it.
    I have a very hectic work schedule that requires me to travel 2-4 weeks over the month. I have since added back on 15 lbs that I lost. :mad:
    I plan to start P90X2 on 2 Jan as well.
    My first goal is to lose 43 pounds in the next year, and hit my goal weight of 135 lbs.
    My second goal is to compete in the Atlantic City Half Marathon in October 2012.
    I am planning on including running as my cardio. I did the Army Ten Miler in October 2011 and have competed in a few 5Ks since then. I am enjoying running as it is a great way to clear your mind!
    I am currently going throu the videos so I will be ready to start on Jan 2!!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Marge and I too have completed the P90x program and attempted a 2nd round a few times but didn't commit to completing it. I have also complted a full round of Insanity, Couch to 5K and made it nearly to the end of Bridge to 10K. I have been trying to find my groove and struggling a bit with my motivation. I know that P90x2 is going to be the tool that gets me back into things. Just preparing for the program has me running again (on the treadmill because I live in the eastern part of Canada and we have COLD temps right now and snowy/icy conditions) and doing some P90x cardio DVDS until I start the program on the 16th of January. My hubby and I will be doing it together as well.

Can't wait... it can't come fast enough!

Make it a great day!!