Run a 5k in week 7?

Options
tameko2
tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
I just found out about the Santa Monica Christmas 5k and its on Sat (But I can still register). What do you guys think about possibly running that? It would turn out to be my 3rd day of week 7 basically. I don't really see any downside, I might have to walk the last mile (fairly positive that I'm not running a 10 minute mile sooooo).

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!!!!!!!!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I ran/walked a 5k on Thanksgiving and was in week 5. Nothing bad can really come of it. :happy: I had a good time and completed all my personal goals.
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do a 4k run on Sunday and Monday is when I begin week 4. I'm pretty certain I wont be able to run the whole distance but I've heard when you are with a group of people you can go further than you can practising alone.
    So I hope I can go as it will be interesting to see how far I can run in that situation.
    So for you I think, awesome! go for it :)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Give it a go. I find in actual competitions (even if they are just fun runs) i can pull out some fitness that i didn't know existed before and i certainly didn't train for. I'm completely stuffed though the next day and can usually hardly move.
    But go for it! i reckon you can probably do it. Just make sure you carb up the night before and rest up properly afterwards.

Worst case scenario you can always walk some of it.

Good luck!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Sure! Last week was my week 7 and I ran 5k around the track at the gym. Only took (3) 10-15 second drink breaks-no walking. If I could do it anyone can!