Introductions

Options
My name is Alan.
I am an Independent Team BeachBody Coach.
I am also a licensed massage therapist.
I am a graduate of P90X (2 times). And I am currently doing a hybrid of P90X and P90X+
I don't want to lose any more weight. Just fat. Ya know, for the 6-pack I supposedly have.
My current diet is 2500 + workout calories. Macros are 35/35/30 (carbs/protein/fat).

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang,

I'm Michael and:
    I am also an Independent Team Beachbody Coach
    I have done 5 rounds of P90X
    2 Rounds of Insanity
    1 Round of Rev Abs
    1 Round of Turbo Fire
    1 Round of Insanity: The Asylum
    I also have been going to BootCamp360 2 days a week since January 2011. Dean the instruction is an ex body builder. The dude is ripped. He has been a great help with nutrition and in January 2012 he and I are going to co-teach a nutrition class at our church.
    I have to also admit that I have lately been having a struggle with my food. I'm just kinda bored. I am refocued now and doing well.
    My plan for P90X>2 is to follow it to the T and continue my 2 days a week Boot Camp. That will give me 7 days a week for 90 days.

Let's all kick some butt.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

not a coach and can't be as I'm in canada,

Did half power 90 to get in shape before P90X, a full round of P90X
    Doing Asylum (halfway through) at the moment while waiting for my X2

I'm doing 90 minutes of capoeira once a week and planning to add another 120 mins in January in addition to X2.

I do like Asylum, but I prefer a lot Tony to Shaun T as a trainer, Shaun T is a good motivator, but he doesnt explain well things. I mean in P90X even after doing a workout 6/7/8 times, you still get new cues etc... with Shaun T, it's more like know your limits and then push, push and push more.

Still I absolutely love some of the workouts, especially Back to Core and Game Day as they are very modern and efficient in their own ways.

So I cant wait to bring P90X 8 years in the future with P90X2 :)
  • NJPaul
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me what PX90 is?
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    P90X stands for Power 90 eXtreme and is the follow up to a DVD program that came in the late 90's called Power 90.

The program was developped by Tony Horton and beachbody and is established around the theory of "muscle confusion" i.e. keeps changing the workouts so that your body doesnt get used to it and doesnt plateau (mostly cardio/weight loss wise, as this would not make any sense for body building).

It's a set of 12 DVDs that last between 55 and 90 minutes and you are doing one 6 days a week during 13 weeks.

P90X2 is the third program in this series, P90X came out in 2003 so this brings 8 years of sports science and new workouts.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My name is Alyssa. I am currently a little more than half way through my 2nd round of p90x. I'm anxiously awaiting for my arrival of p90x2. Excited to see the workouts it has and what further results I may receive. I have been maintaining my weight currently since april but built up quite a bit of muscle. Good luck to all with the program!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just got my P90X2 box. Wow. Just plain Wow. I haven't been this excited since...well...it's been a while. I won't start mid-week. So day one will be on Monday.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you dont' mind I joined the group!

My name is Lemon. I have done 2 rounds of p90x (although, not the diet so much as I don't have much time to prepare those meals) and 2 rounds of Chalean extreme. Throughout I have continued to improve my nutrition and figure out my true caloric needs. I plan are starting with X2 on January 2nd with hopes to getting down to 8% body fat from 12%. Really gonna push the diet this round. So pumped and excited!
  • laddyboy
    Options
    I'm doing my 1st X2 workout in the mornning. I'll post here what I do and what I thought of it. I really like the way it's layed out.
  • primal_p90x
    Options
    Aloha to all,
    My name is Carlo and I am a Beachbody-holic
    Started P90X Feb 2011 and became a graduate in late April 2011. Starting weight was 232 lbs. and ending weight was 219 lbs. I started to preach to anyone if you’re skipping Yoga, using assistance for pull ups, and skipping ARX you are not a real graduate.

In May 2011, I started P90X+ but after a month I found it mediocre and repetitive so…

I committed to 60 days of Insanity in June 2011 and I loved it but I will never do Insanity by itself because I lost upper body strength especially my pull up strength. Starting weight was 219 lbs. and ending weight 212 lbs.

In August 2011, I started RevAbs. Finished only Phase 1 because I was not challenged by the Power Intervals and the Strength workouts – after one has graduated from P90X and Insanity it seems almost any strength or cardio workout by Beachbody is not challenging enough. That opinion goes the same for conquering ARX, almost any Ab workout by Beachbody is not challenging enough.

Late September 2011, started a hybrid of what I call “The Perfect Storm”: P90X, Insanity, RevAbs, lifting weights once a week (5x5 and German Volume Training). This round will end on Friday, December 23, 2011 and I am ready to bring it with P90X2!!!

I started eating Primally via Mark Sisson and started preaching to anyone who wants to gain muscle size while doing P90X to throw out resistance bands and buy dumbbells. Starting weight was 212 lbs. and current weight is 202 lbs. My waist measured 42” in Feb 2011 and currently it is 36”.

I look forward being on the X2 journey with all of you and learning from everyone along the way.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm doing my 1st X2 workout in the mornning. I'll post here what I do and what I thought of it. I really like the way it's layed out.
    Any update?
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Sorry I've been away. YES...I have an update. OMG

Ok, so i've done X2 Core, Total Body and Pyocide.
    The 1st thing I want to say is how impressed I am with how this program is put together. There is a lot of sports & fitness science in these workouts. I'm really excited on how they are put together. The fact that you are working your foundation 1st and getting that strong and stable is great. I have some balance issues that I'm sure will be better by the time this is over. The other thing is how each phase is 3-6 weeks and not a set 3 weeks then recovery. You have a few moves that you need improvement on or you balance is not quite there...go an extra week or 2. What a great idea. You don't move on until you are ready.

Ok, so X2 Core was a fun workout that you really work the core. You use the stability ball a lot and what can I say about the foam roller. It's just awesome. There were a lot of new move and a few old ones but with new twists. It's a great workout.

So Total Body was just that. You work it all in this one but more core, balance and stability moves in this. Although you don't hit any 1 muscle group HARD you still feel like you get a good workout in.

Plyocide - This workout was over before I new it. Now I LOVE Plyometrics but when Tony said "only 2 moves left" I had to look at my watch. WOW that went by fast. You will work hard for only 30 minutes. The workout is 54 min total but 30 is the work. The rest is Warmup, stretch and cool down. I still burned over 550 calories and that's while learning the moves. Should be a 600 plus no problem.

I am just so dang excited about this program I can hardly stand it. If you want an all around fitness program, this is all you need.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm Stephen. As I understand it, when I get home tonight, there is a P90X2 box for me waiting to be opened. I've done a few rounds of P90X here and there over the past few years. This time around I have been doing a mix of P90X and Insanity, alternating between the two for well over the 90 days now. One difference this time, however, is that I have been using this site to track my nutrition. Results have been much faster and I've been getting much better definition this time.

My weight previously was up to about 186. Now I'm at 165. I'd say I'm in as good or better shape than my high school football days. Now and then I like to have an event to shoot for just to give me goals. Last summer I did the Pittsburgh triathlon (sprint distance) for the first time. I've done a couple Warrior Dashes, which were fun. Now I'm trying to decide what to target for next year.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to jumping into P90X2 and seeing what good changes I can bring to my body.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    X2 Core was last night for me.
    This one impressed me from the very start. The warm ups and stretches were effective and engaging. No more head rolls and shoulder shrugs for 15 minutes. The foam roller is a unique experience (for me) and I can't wait to see how it's used throughout the program.

As usual they demonstrate each move in 3 variations. Using the medicine ball, stability ball, or free form. The workout itself kinda crept up on me. I didn't realize I was working that hard until my HRM started beeping at me. The moves don't "seem" that difficult. But I did spend quite a bit of time rolling off the ball or flopping on the floor. This reminds me of a combination of Core Synergistics and Abs/Core+ minus the worthless stuff and multiplied by 10. Good stuff so far. I am definitely sore this morning.

Needless to say, if every DVD is as good as this one, P90X2 is going to be awesome.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Did the yoga x2 last night instead of x1. I am actually not impressed with tbis. I think I work up more of a sweat and feel more of a burn with x1 version than x2. Some old poses in there like crane and triangle poses. I did like the ab section which had some nice new moves to it. Not much stretching in this one either. Some blance moves. My heart rate did go up in the beginning because he goes through the downward dogs and pushups section fairly fast which was nice. Otherwise it was pretty bland
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    Plyocide last night. Ugh. Feeling it today. The warm up/cool down are pretty nice, but I can see myself getting bored with it after a phase or two.

The middle 30 minutes of actual work is brutal. What sadistic trainer puts THAT move at the end of the workout? Seriously? My poor HRM didn't shut up the whole time. Puddles of sweat. Words can't adequately describe it. So I won't bother. You gotta do it to understand.

Stretch/Mobility tonight. I need it.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Lovin the reviews! Can't wait until xmas so I can get mine.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Deborah and I'm also an Independent Team Beachbody coach.

P90X was my first program, 2 years ago. In addtion I've done:

Insanity - 2 rounds
    Chalean Extreme
    TurboFire
    10 Minute Trainer

I'm currently doing a TF/Chalean Extreme hybrid in prep for P90X2, which I'm getting for Christmas.

I love cardio, but like to be toned and strong. My husband is doing P90X2 with me, as he did the same with P90X.

Looking forward to the support!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Deborah and I'm also an Independent Team Beachbody coach.

P90X was my first program, 2 years ago. In addtion I've done:

Insanity - 2 rounds
    Chalean Extreme
    TurboFire
    10 Minute Trainer

I'm currently doing a TF/Chalean Extreme hybrid in prep for P90X2, which I'm getting for Christmas.

I love cardio, but like to be toned and strong. My husband is doing P90X2 with me, as he did the same with P90X.

Looking forward to the support!

Welcome! That is awesome your hubby works out with you. My wife wont with me :sad:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    So the last few days have been interesting with X2. I have done X2 Core and Plyocide and I gotta say, I love it! These workouts have been killing me and I am very excited to try stretch and mobility tonight!
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old. Started P90x2 on January 3rd.

Over the past two years I have done two rounds of P90X, done some one on ones, and completed a couple half marathons. However, I have NOT take the diet seriously. To motivate myself this time, I had a body scan done which detailed my lean muscle and fat mass. My 90 day goal is to reduce my body fat by 5% and increase my lean muscle mass.

Well, I am on my third day of the diet and have been successful. It is a start!