aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like Incredible Shrinking Violets :laugh:

Yeah I like it too!!

I like this one.
  • sruffin9834
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm Steven, I think I'm the only male in the group! Fear not, I'm not going to be a slacker.

I'm 23 born, raised, and currently reside in Memphis, TN! I'm a good ol' Southern Boy!:)

I live a simple life, my hobbies consist of eating with family and friends and laughing a bunch with the same family and friends whenever I can.

I workout a lot in my head but not so much in the physical realm, rest assured that that will end today, I'm starting back up with Zumba this afternoon!

I'm single, no children, graduated from a small private Christian College in 2010. Other than that, I don't know what else to say about me. I'm a pretty easy going guy and will answer just about any question that is asked.

I look forward to getting to know you all and getting bathing suit ready with all as well!
  • tugrad1204
    tugrad1204 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like Incredible Shrinking Violets :laugh:

I like this one too...but the guys may not...
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Well it seems everyone likes the name The Incredible Shrinking Violets, so we will go with that name. Wooohooo we have a team name!! :drinker: Thanks Strength for coming up with that one!! :bigsmile: Awesome, so happy we have a name!! Cross that off the list, ha ha!!
  • txwomyn
    Options
    Hi I am Gail from Texas. I quite smoking 5 years ago and put onthe weight.
    Now it is time for the weight to come off. I hope this freindly compition is just thing to help me with my goal of loose 60 pounds.
    Looking forward to winning
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Hey all!
    Just wondering what everbody is doing to gear up for our start date.
    I think it's great that we have a little prep time before the challenge begins!
    A few things I've done or am working on-
    I made a list of big numbers on posterboard with black ink. The top number is my goal weight. The bottom number is todays weight. As I lose, I will cross off each pound with red ink. ( I have it up on my workout room wall)
    I am going to (maybe) drink another quart of light egg nog before the challenge begins!
    I'm making a poster of motivational quotes- already have one but I always find more that I like.
    I'm going to make a serious effort to pre-plan my weekly menu's. I think this will benefit my health, my budget, and hopefully make me think about food a lot less, since I won't be wondering what I'm going to eat next.

I'd love to hear some tips and such that y'all are using to motivate!

(and also, is this the proper place to post this?)
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Yes this is the right place to post!! This thread is for our team to communicate, encourage, challenge and motivate each other!!

I am getting ready by going over what work outs I will be doing each week along with my weekly menu plan too. So far that is all I have done, LOL.

I may steal your idea of the list of big numbers on a posterboard though, hope you don't mind. It is a great idea!!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    That's cool! I'm going to steal yours for making my workout plans! I like to borrow workout DVD's from the library, just to switch it up. They don't have everything, but enough for me to try new things. If I really like one, then I'll buy it.
  • roney
    roney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am Rachel. I am 44 years old and from Texas. I have five children (2 step children, 1 daughter in law, and 2 I gave birth to) I am a high school counselor at a small rural school where I have lived all my life. I am happily married to the most incredible man going on three years. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, but am ready for a change. I joined MFP about a year ago, but hadn't been devoted to it until October 22. I currently weigh 178.6 and would like to be around 145-50. This is the first time I have been involved in a challenge like this and am very excited to have the support.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I love your idea about listing your weight on the wall. That sounds motivating (although a bit intimidating for me)! I'm stealing that one as well. Can't wait to get started on this challenge. It's so great to see that we have so many motivated people in our group.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I am Kristen and I am sooooo pumped and ready for this challenge!!! I am 30 and live in New York! I can give you many reasons why I think Team Violet will whoop some booty! I am not placing a # on the amount of pounds I am going to lose....but the more pounds the better!!! Let's be FIERCE!!!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Hey everyone Kris10can has been added to our group so please add her to your FL!! We also have a few more that have been added to our group as well.
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    Hey Violet Team, you have a few more people added in!

Cdngirl71 Melanie 40 215
    kiminita Kim 26 200.5
    Anewrac Rachel 36 181
    tugrad1204 Tracy 37 0
    Roney Rachel 44 178.6
    Strengthisbeautiful 48 165
    sruffin9834 Steven 23 191.8
    tbrewst Tracy 39 149.6
    sassieatl Crystal 32 237
    aochoa123 Angie 32 238.6
    wnp5466 Whitney 21 213
    Cubsgirlinny Heather 32 188.8
    HouseTargaryen Lynsey 22 160
    twirlytati Tati 23 218.4
    txwomyn Gail 46 192
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Dawn 24 184
    prplangl4 Kristy 27 163.4
    mistylee0104 Misty 31 158.1
    Kris10can
    speece87 Adam 24 290
    cmcravens 47
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Melanie and excited about being the captain of Team Violet!! You can add me as a friend and add everyone on our team to your FL as well so we can all encourage one another.

Seems we have a group from all over the world, that is great!! I am in British Columbia, Canada just outside of Vancouver. I have been over weight my whole life, I have lost some of my weight then to put some of it back on :grumble: so this challenge is going to help me get the weight off.

We need to come up with a team name. So if you have any suggestions, please post it here.

Can't wait to start this challenge. Go Team Violet!!

Victorious Violet Vixens/ Visions
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Melanie and excited about being the captain of Team Violet!! You can add me as a friend and add everyone on our team to your FL as well so we can all encourage one another.

Seems we have a group from all over the world, that is great!! I am in British Columbia, Canada just outside of Vancouver. I have been over weight my whole life, I have lost some of my weight then to put some of it back on :grumble: so this challenge is going to help me get the weight off.

We need to come up with a team name. So if you have any suggestions, please post it here.

Can't wait to start this challenge. Go Team Violet!!

Victorious Violet Vixens/ Visions

I like that name too!! Although we do have a few men in our group, not sure if Vixens would suit them :laugh: :laugh:

I think we will need to do a vote.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Just wondering what everbody is doing to gear up for our start date.
    I think it's great that we have a little prep time before the challenge begins!
    A few things I've done or am working on-
    I made a list of big numbers on posterboard with black ink. The top number is my goal weight. The bottom number is todays weight. As I lose, I will cross off each pound with red ink. ( I have it up on my workout room wall)
    I am going to (maybe) drink another quart of light egg nog before the challenge begins!
    I'm making a poster of motivational quotes- already have one but I always find more that I like.
    I'm going to make a serious effort to pre-plan my weekly menu's. I think this will benefit my health, my budget, and hopefully make me think about food a lot less, since I won't be wondering what I'm going to eat next.

I'd love to hear some tips and such that y'all are using to motivate!

(and also, is this the proper place to post this?)

I made and printed out a year's worth of meal planning calendars. Started using the first and am on day 2. Threw away my "just one last time before New Year's" food. Also set mini-goals corresponding with meaningful dates/events happening in the new year. That's it for now. Love what you're doing! The quote board is a great idea. :-)
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Misty. I am 31 & live in Bismarck, ND with my wonderful husband & beautiful girls (1 & 3). I am a stay at home mommy with a Master's degree in Human Resources. I have lost 40lbs this year & look forward to losing another 20-25lbs in the new year! We have a cruise planned in 2012 & I can't wait to look great in a bathing suit! Good Luck everyone with this challenge. I am looking forward to the new year & the new me!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Ok some names that were put out there for our team name, please post your vote for your favourite.

The Incredible Shriking Violets
    Victorious Violet Vixens/Visions
    The Mission Slimpossibles
    The Sassy by Summer Voilets
    The Violet Meltaways
    Team McSlim
    The Disappearing Violets
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok some names that were put out there for our team name, please post your vote for your favourite.

The Incredible Shriking Violets
    Victorious Violet Vixens/Visions
    The Mission Slimpossibles
    The Sassy by Summer Voilets
    The Violet Meltaways
    Team McSlim
    The Disappearing Violets

i like Victorious Violet's keeping off the vixens/visions part so its unisex....
    i also like the incredible shrinking violets lol.. both are awesome!
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I definitely like victorious violets. Or maybe vivacious violets?