Options

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I finished Stage 4 workout A today. Here are my stats:

Front squat/push press 55lbs
    Step Up 70lbs
    Dumbbell one point row 22.5lbs(each hand)
    Static Lunge 22.5 lbseach hand
    Push-Ups Swiss ball pushups, 3 sets of 8
    Planks - I was finally able to do 3 sets of 120 seconds today
    horizontal woodchops using a dumbbell 15 lbs

I wish I was stronger and could hold more weight in my hands but the 22.5s are killing me. I'll finish stage B on Friday and then I won't start stage 5 until after Christmas. I'm going to try and do cardio only next week, we'll see how that works out.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Step Up 70lbs

Awesome job!!! those planks are a B!!
    I wish I was stronger and could hold more weight in my hands but the 22.5s are killing me. I'll finish stage B on Friday and then I won't start stage 5 until after Christmas. I'm going to try and do cardio only next week, we'll see how that works out.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! those planks are a B!!!
  • idauria
    Options
    awesome job!!! those planks are a B!!!

I know! My whole body was shaking and my shoulders were burning but I swore I was going to make it for the entire 2 minutes today! Boy was I glad when it was over and I was proud of myself for not giving up after the 90 second mark.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Step Up 70lbs

Way to go! The planks are the 2 min. planks are not happening for me right now-I started stage 4 yesterday. My legs are screaming again. :)
  • idauria
    Options

Step Up 70lbs

Way to go! The planks are the 2 min. planks are not happening for me right now-I started stage 4 yesterday. My legs are screaming again. :)

Yup, they are brutal. The 2 min prone cobras are no picnic either, lol. You just have to work your way up to it. You'll get there!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just started stage 4 and it's been exciting to see the increases in what I can lift since stage 2. I increased my deadlift to 110 lbs and my lat pulldowns are at 125! The push press is awkward for me - I tried 50 pounds and i think I can do more, but it makes me nervous pushing it up over my head like that. While doing workout B yesterday I was pleased to see that the Bulgarian Split squats were much easier now and I could comfortably increase the weight. The one thing I still haven't been able to do are the planks - I can get to 60 seconds, but not much past that. My whole body starts to shake and i collapse in a puddle after those. The cobras are no problem, though - I wonder what that's about.

I've worked out a schedule and I should be done with the entire program (I don't plan to do stage 6) by the end of February. I haven't seen any changes in my weight or measurements, but I can see a number of changes throughout my body and I'm looking for ways to maintain the muscle I've gained in this program and cut the weight that is stubbornly hanging on. What are you planning to do when you're all done?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,947 Member
    Options
    Yanicka, I've reviewed your pictures and find it VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that you haven't lost "inches" at your waistline. Seriously.

And, ruststar, I'm sad to read that you haven't seen any changes in measurements, either!!

:(

I don't care about the "scale"....but, I am changing my BFL program into Nrol4W, and I DEFINITELY want to see changes with the tape measure!!

Are you all eating enough calories??
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yanicka, I've reviewed your pictures and find it VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that you haven't lost "inches" at your waistline. Seriously.

And, ruststar, I'm sad to read that you haven't seen any changes in measurements, either!!

:(

I don't care about the "scale"....but, I am changing my BFL program into Nrol4W, and I DEFINITELY want to see changes with the tape measure!!

Are you all eating enough calories??

Before this program I was already eating more than the book recommended. Now that I'm not doing anywhere near as much cardio I cut it back to the amounts the book recommends, but it can be hard sometimes (especially right now). The numbers suggested in the book were for just maintaining your weight, and when I'm in my rest week and the excess fluid from lifting heavy has passed, I can see that I have maintained my lowest weight. This morning I measured myself and found I lost an inch off my calves and my waist, and I can definitely see all the muscle in my shoulders and chest. After the holidays I'm going to try the suggested calories from the book minus 300 extra and see what happens. If nothing happens then I'll just finish the program, say thank you for all the extra muscles, and go back to a more cardo heavy workout with an increased knowledge of how to make my strength workouts beneficial.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you, ruststar....I hope your journey continues in a very positive manner!
  • deninevi
    Options
    Almost done with stage 4! I have been not so strict with my eating lately and that shows up on the scale, but after the new year I'll cutting back and hope to get down a bit. Last night I wanted to see how much I can pull on deadlifts -right now I do 175 lbs. for 8 reps, 3 sets.,and I pulled 205 for 3 reps. YAY!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Holy cow, denine!!! that is CRAZY how STRONG you are!!

Congratulations!!
  • deninevi
    Options
    Thanks, Beeps!
    Last workout in stage 4 today!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love stage 4! I love having these exercises back, started back 10 pounds heavier than I left them!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Step up/ step back. so did workout A of Stage 4 and initially thought I could start off where I left off in stage 2 but had to decrease a little on all of them. I'm hoping this was all TOM related and overall having a pretty low energy day. You know I didn't take a week off between Stage 3 and this because I thought it would cause me to lose strength/progress but maybe I should have. In any case think I will lift again Saturday and hope that will be better. hats off to those of you who said you are using a 20" + step. My new one is 14 and that feels like a stretch with just the bar today. Anyway, still really enjoying it. even when it's hard. maybe especially when it's hard:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I started a "daily chat thread" here at NROL4W group....so, it doesn't have to be specifically related to NROL4W. It's just that we've built such a LARGE community, here, I'm finding it TOUGH to follow everyone around the threads and keep up.

So, thought this "daily chat thread" would be an easy way to keep in touch with all mfp-NROL4W friends!

Come post!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Resting up for stage 4 this week. Doing a little here and there, but I felt like I hit the wall on the final workout of 3; I believe I need the rest.

Checked my calendar, and I'm starting C25K in about 3 weeks! Getting a little nervous now about fitting it all in time-wise, and not sabotaging myself, progress-wise. Nothing is set in stone; we'll see how it goes. Anyone else doubling up and managing it?
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm not training for any running events, but I've been running or spinning on my non lifting days. I've been fine, but I usually worked out 6 times a week anyway.

I'm half way through stage 4 if you want to keep in contact. I think we should be pretty close to the same point.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Tagging the stage 4 thread; I'm on my rest week between 3 and 4 and will do my first stage 4 workout on the 27th! Looking forward to getting back to deadlifts, split squat, front squat/push press, and underhand pulldowns. Not looking forward to lunges and 2-minute planks!!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'll be starting Stage 4 this week. Not sure if I'll start the 26th or 28th yet. I've been fighting a chest cold...so I guess I'll just see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

I'll be lurking around this thread for the next few weeks!:smile: